• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

subs and anxiety?

sub-u-done

Greenlighter
i have been on bupe for a while and i find that it gives me anxiety really bad anxiety, im scared to tell my doctor, i want to try a benzo for my anxiety i took 2mg of klonopin and it helped greatly with my anxiety. my doc has givin me temazepam for sleep but he only did that once. my anxiety is dibilitating im on 16 mg a day ive tried going on 2mg a day and i still get that anxiety and when i went down to 2mg my cravings came back. idk why but im scared to even bring it up cause i dont want him that im asking it for it to get high which im not i have bad anxiety. im scared he will say that cause im on subs for opiate addiction. has anyone been perscribed benzo along side bupe? im also sceptical of telling him that i bought klonopin on the street for my anxiety or even if i should say that

Don't ever admit to your doctor that you've been illegally self-medicating with drugs. Ever. Unless you're completely OK with never being prescribed controlled substances ever again.

That's unfortunate that bupe give you anxiety. I thought the KOR antagonism would help for anxiety. Do other opiates give you anxiety? Have you tried several low doses 1mg or less per day for example to smooth things out? Or maybe clonidine could help. Good luck.

Yeah I've always found bupe to have good anxiolytic action, personally

yes i have tried lower doses and i still get very bad anxiety could it be the naloxone? sometimes i get bad tremors and shake from the subs. ive tried subutex, but i didnt try it long enough to know if it was the naloxone

bupe helps my anxiety. I mean it still really impairs my quality of life but I am not 100% entirely non functional/unable to ever leave the house like I used to be because the bupe helps so much.
could be the naloxone. your doctor may not be willing to write you a benzo scrip (I know mine never would) but may be willing to at least try something to help you out ...it is worth mentioning your issues but do NOT tell them that you've bought klonopin to self medicate or you will have instantly fucked yourself out of ever getting a benzo scrip if it was even on the table in the first place.

I have the same issue..if I take subs for more than a few days in a row I get this never ending worry and feel like I'm on the edge of an anxiety attack.. I start getting angry very easily, it's like a dark cloud follows me around..I don't have a solution

It could be the naloxone. It may be worth talking to your doc about trialing subatex. Most doctors must be aware by now that loads of people shoot suboxone. Tapering down to 2mg or less and switching to kratom [less stimulating strain] to address cravings could be another option. Then slowly taper the kratom if you are ready to get clean.