• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone

theatercat

Greenlighter
I get 4 ovycodone a day from pain clinic. I will be out before next appointment.Can I go on Suboxone for 3 days so I have enough oxys till next appointment. Is 10 days off Suboxone enough time for passing sent out drug test?

I get 4 ovycodone a day from pain clinic. I will be out before next appointment.Can I go on Suboxone for 3 days so I have enough oxys till next appointment. Is 10 days off Suboxone enough time for passing sent out drug test?
Probably not, because you can't take it until you're in withdrawal. But if you were to take it it shouldn't show up in a urine sample after a week.

Theatercat. First, out of all of the weird handles I encounter on these forums, yours has piqued my interest. Are you into theater? Are you a cat? Are you a cat who is into theater? The possiblities are infinite and my head is spinning. Please let me know what it all means...

You're playing with fire here. I can't speak universally on this subject, but as addicts/dependents, we tend to focus on the immediate, short-term consequences of our actions as opposed to examining the big picture. A common trope here is, you are sick, you tell yourself repeatedly "well I'll be fine with 7 days off; 6 days off; 5 days off" and so on. We have a tendency to push things too far.

Losing your Opioid prescription would be a very serious, life-changing thing. Think about what you're playing with here. The bottom lin here is that you're gonna be sick for a few days. You are not going to actually be tapering your Opioid usage, you will only be substituting a different Opioid into the mix. You are only going to be well for as long as you have Buprenorphine in your system. To properly withdraw from Opioids using Buprenorphine would take at least a couple of weeks.

I really, really don't want to see you lose your script and get sent to the streets. I've seen too many comrades fall by a nearly identical phenomenom. Opioid script suddenly withdrawn -> sickness -> desperation -> Heroin.

I really think that you should consider investigating other drugs to help mitigate your withdrawal. This is a fairly complicated situation, because there are things that I, myself would do no problem, as I apparently don't have serious concerns about dying (thanks LSD :D).

OP, would you be interested in hearing a schpeel from me regarding some alternatives to Buprenorphine or are you relatively set in your course at this point? I truly believe that we can work together to get you through this without serious consequence or misery. We are 100% here for you. We care about you and we will do whatever is in our power to make sure you get through this.

What about switching to kratom for a few days or going to 2x oxy/day for a few days while supplememnting with the kratom to stretch them out. Stop the kratom a week out. To the best of my knowledge kratom isnt tested by most pain clinics even though they say they do to put the fear of god into the subjects.

If you take actual Suboxone you will be kicked into straight up Withdrawal. Besides Buprenorphine it also has Nalaxone, aka "Narcan." This is why junkies getting onto Bupe are made to wait until at least day 2 of Physical Withdrawal because even Bupe itself has mixed properties that will do the very same thing though some claim to be able to circumvent Bupe's Antagonism. Of course old heads like me could never use it due its metabolic ceiling. 220mg methadone means Bupe in any form is worthless.

Hey man,

Based on my experience, getting on suboxone was a game changer in that i was able to stabilize my life and eliminate any worry around getting my next bag or w/ding. It did help. But....BUT now I've been on it for 2 years or so and it is DEFINITELY trading one for the other, in a sense.. i have no fucking clue how i am going to get off suboxone and I am back on it again (the carousel goes round n round). So again, IME i would recommend avoiding suboxone if possible for the long term. Sorry to rant.

For the short term, or in your situation I would not recommend suboxone at all and I would avoid hitting the streets.

Kratom (and a few other pharms) can be a great way / alternative to minimize w/d but if you have to pass a drug test, just do your due dillegence since timing is paramount.

Also, we put paint this huge mountain in our head when we have to go a few days without. It does suck balls but again with a few remedies it will ease discomfort

Good luck,
LS

Last edited: