• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids suboxone

bill85

Greenlighter
SWIM has never done opioids wondering dose for suboxone sublingual 8mg/ 2mg film

Idk, maybe a quarter milligram. Def not much or puking will ensue!

I’d start with a quarter mg as well. Maybe even 1/8th of a mg. Give it 3-4 hours. If your still not feeling where you want to be add another quarter.

A quarter mg is 1/32nd of the film, just incase..

-GC

I have a similar question as well.

I have a lot of experience with opioids, but I am currently opioid-naive. I.e., in the past week, I have used Hydromorphone once, and that ended 70 hours ago.

However, I did take one 5mg Percocet three and a half hours ago.

I have access to 2mg Suboxone pills.

Is it safe for me to take some amount of this now? Can withdrawal be precipitated if I don't get withdrawals? For example, after I took the Hydromorphone, I experienced no withdrawals. Even though I have had experience with opioids in my past, I am currently not dependent, and do not experience withdrawals.

So how much time must I wait after taking the Percocet to safely take the Suboxone? And what quantity should I take of the Suboxone, given that I am not opioid dependent?

If this is a bad idea, I can get my hands on a bottle of 65mg Methadone. Would 10mg be a safe starting point there, and wait a minimum of four hours before adding a small amount, if any; maybe 5mg more?

Last edited:
1/32nd of the film how would that be measured correctly i guess i would need the measure of them film outside of package if anyone has it

i dont understand why it has the two different mg on it whats that about

It sounds to me like you have something which is 8mg Buprenorphine / 2mg Naloxone.

If you take it sublingual - under the tongue - the Naloxone apparently has no effect. The ingredient that is important to you is the Buprenorphine.

My friend takes 6-8 Percocets daily (30-40mg Oxycodone daily) and said that after waiting 24 hours since her last Percocet dosage, took 2mg Buprenorphine and felt it very strongly, and it peaked after four hours.

My understanding is that it is very strong. She said 2mg was the equivalent of 10 Percocets.

I was thinking of taking 1mg myself, but now I'm not so certain. Just waiting on more replies to this thread.

Glad that you and I have the same plans for today, and came here first to be safe.

So how I do it, since I have to cut sub films daily..

Take the film and fold it in half accurately as you can. Cut down the line with a razor or sharp knife. The folding makes a big difference allowing you a line to follow, even when you get to the really small amounts.

It takes time to get good at but just go slow.

-GC

Start at the most with 250ug. First time I tried bupe I did 1mg and I was puking on and off for 12 hours.

Does anyone for a non-opioid dependent person, if they took X quantity of oxycodone [say 5mg], and took 1mg Suboxone two hours later, would they get the "precipitated withdrawal" that people worry about getting?

Again, this is for someone who is not dependent on withdrawal, and gets no withdrawals from using opioids.

Yeah. You would need a mg scale, gemini-20 by AWS is the most popular/cheap and you can find them at Jeff Bezo's little book store.

You would then need to weigh the pill you plan to use, write that number down. Then you would divide that number by the number of mg of bupe in the pill to find out how many mg would equal 1mg of bupe. Then, crush the pill up, mix it up evenly and crush every bit. Then weigh out 1/4 of the weight you figured for 1mg of pill powder weight.

It's a lot less complex than it sounds, trust me. And it's the only way I know of to take such a small amount of bupe.

BTW, nasal is a little more bio-available/potent, but sublingual lasts longer. I'd start off trying it sublingual. Do not swallow until at least 15-30 min pass, as it has absolutely no oral bio-availability.