• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone

Status
Not open for further replies.

catsmeow

Greenlighter
SWIM has a feline addicted to buprenorphine, asked me how to remove naloxone from suboxone tablet...anyone know a sure method that will yield a calculable amount of bupenorphine so that I can advise taper, as veterinarians in area will not give her more? This is NOT for injection,but yield will be used to taper her kitty off bup...thnx!

8(

Welcome to Bluelight, we don't use swim.
As far as I know there is no easy way to remove the naloxone.
As long as you are taking it oral the naloxone shouldn't do much

SWIM has feline addicted to buprenorphine hydrochloride and wishes to distill said from suboxone to administer, also calculation of yield...need to know whether bup will be a HCl salt or other...thnx

SWIM has feline addicted to buprenorphine hydrochloride and wishes to distill said from suboxone to administer, also calculation of yield...need to know whether bup will be a HCl salt or other...thnx
Dude, I just told you not to usesswim as it violates the Bluelight User Agreement, nobody is going to read your question..

Dude, I just told you not to usesswim as it violates the Bluelight User Agreement, nobody is going to read your question..
This. We don't use SWIM just because we don't like it, we don't use it because it's proven to be completely ineffective at avoiding self-incrimination and is completely useless. All it does is make your posts harder to read...why would you just ignore the first post?

So your kitty cat is addicted to buprenorphine, might you have a dog addicted to dog food?

You can't remove nalaxone from bupe and it does nothing to stop bupe from binding... I see no reason why you use the cat analogy it's obvious you're trying to inject it yourself and fear the narcan blocking the bupe and causing withdrawal. Do research and you'll see that it is impossible.

Read the "suboxone mega thread". It goes into detail about naloxone's redundancy.. Also you said you had the sub tablets, not the strips? If you have subutex it's already naloxone free.

- Hopeless Soul

Last edited:
OKAY so... CLOSED. Thank you to all the members trying to keep policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.