• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone

Tbordeaux

Greenlighter
Did heroin 9 days ago I have no opiates tolerance and I just took half a strip of Suboxne (for the first time) how long to kick in

Are you still high?? Usually lasts about 12 hrs or longer. Give or take.

Suboxone is an extremely powerful drug. Throwing up is natural with not tolerance. Its like a chemical hangover of sorts. I would steer clear of suboxone unless you need it for two reasons.

1.)It is extremely physically and mentally addictive

2.)the more that gets diverted the more restrictions on prescribing it come into place which in turn hurts addicts that really need it

I have my first appointment 2mar with V.A. doctor.. I want & am hoping to start getting suboxone. Does anyone have any advice on how to ask my new doctor to put me on suboxone?

OP: Suboxone is for treating opiate addiction. It is made to hamper the withdrawal symptoms of opiate detox (both short & long term). It is also quite addictive itself, and comes with it's own set of withdrawal symptoms when stopped abruptly. Do you mind if I ask what your intention was, when taking the suboxone? I assume, based on the way you've asked the question, that you were attempting to take it recreationally?

Suboxone is an extremely powerful drug. Throwing up is natural with not tolerance. Its like a chemical hangover of sorts. I would steer clear of suboxone unless you need it for two reasons.

1.)It is extremely physically and mentally addictive

2.)the more that gets diverted the more restrictions on prescribing it come into place which in turn hurts addicts that really need it

Definitely manboychef. People seem to be under this false notion that Buprenorphine is somehow not an extremely powerful Opioid drug, capable of producing death. It totally is and the dosages used for maintaining Opioid addicts are several times higher than what would be used for pain management.

Vomiting is normal, especially so with Buprenorphine. Whether this is due to an inherent quality of the drug or just its sheer potency in naive users, it happens.

OP, we can't help you negotiate/manipulate your prescriber into giving you anything. It's a conversation you'll have to figure out. Please don't walk any farther down that path or I will have to close the thread :).

Did heroin 9 days ago I have no opiates tolerance and I just took half a strip of Suboxne (for the first time) how long to kick in
You took 4mg? That's not good with no tolerance.

I have no tolerance and took Suboxone yesterday and 1.5mg sublingual made me feel close to vomiting

^Well actually, for most people, the less you take at each dose, the more powerful it becomes, as weird as that sounds.. in certain ways, it does become a totally different feeling drug, tolerance or not, it can get you destroyed, doing doses 2mg or less at a time.. It is metabolized into another drug, when taken in very small doses, like microgram doses or under 1mg doses, and its called "norbuprenorphine". It is a powerful full agonist, and the effects, much like buprenorphine itself, are very random.. and vary from person to person, some people much prefer to only take subs in microgram does, for the norbuprenorphine, its metabolized into.. I myself, honestly like doing doses around 2mg at a time.. However, I am and have been on bupe maintenance for like 4-5 years now, off and on.. mostly on.

Even with a tolerance thru the roof now, for all opioids/opiates, including suboxone and subutex, which I am currently taking.. I find the effects of bupe, rather pleasurable mostly! Even doing 8mg a day, in 2mg increments throughout the day, I love bupe now.. However, I do IV it, which is probably one reason I totally love the feeling, because it hits me instantly, the effects are much stronger feeling, and the BA is ~100%! But its terrible for you, and very much addicting, don't even bother going past plugging, its the best ROA, besides IV.. It is almost just as strong, but not totally.. just a bit weaker.. and totally harmless. Much more efficient than sublingual though!

Tbordeaux, suboxone comes in two strengths, 2mg strips and 8mg strips.

If you took half a 8mg strip that is way to much for an opioid naïve person.

If you do it again make sure you know whether it is an eight mg or a two.

As has been previously stated buprenorphine is a very powerfull opioid and because of it's incredibly high binding affinity if someone does overdose on it they can be in real trouble as even narcane can struggle to displace the buprenorphine from the receptors.

So if you do it again do not take more than 1mg.

Also no it will not block Xanax, but mixing Xanax with it can be dangerous even for someone with an opioid tolerance.

You said you have no opioid tolerance so I would advise against taking Xanax together with suboxone.