Suboxone Xanax Stoppage PLEASE HELP

MakeItStop

Greenlighter
Hi Guys,

I wanted to reach out to others that may have been through what I am going through as i've talked with many docs now and am at my wits end with everything.

I am currently on about .75mg -1mg of Suboxone and actively trying to taper, which is really hard.

Basically I started feeling awful about a year ago. I got dizzy, headaches, and EXTREME FATIGUE. No motivation and felt tired all the time. I still have these issues today.

All of these symptoms started going full bore when I came off of Xanax, but i'm not so sure Xanax withdrawal is the culprit.

I started waking up 3 times a night around this time with terrible sleep and also got a really bad sore throat and cold. I finally got a sleep study done and was diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep apnea. I have been using a CPAP, of which is what told us I had central as well as obstructive sleep apnea (could be a side effect of the CPAP.)

A year later, and I still have no motivation, terrible sleep, headaches, and fatigue. I got back on Xanax around February hoping that all of the symptoms above would vanish. They didn't and after tapering I got back off Xanax about a week ago. Symptoms seem to have worsened, but i'm not so sure if thats just in my head.

Long story short, I've read that small doses of Suboxone after long term use have caused shallow breathing which could be why I have a weird version of sleep apnea out of nowhere. Here is an example: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/598285-Breathing-on-Bupe-(suboxone-subutex)

I also had blood work done and have Chronic Active Epstein Barr Virus which causes fatigue. So i've basically won the bad luck lottery.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted to know if ANYONE can help me make sense of what may be going on with me. My family all think its because of Suboxone and I need to rapid taper NOW. I've been on Sub for YEARS and am not convinced that out of nowhere it would cause Headaches, Fatigue, Dizziness, Sleep Apnea, and Epstein Barr Virus.

Withdrawal isn't going to cause the virus, you had to have come into contact with someone who was infected. Withdrawal could weaken your immune system so you were more susceptible. You shouldn't have quit the Zanax, a taper would have been more comfortable. Withdrawal will add to the fatigue, dizziness, nausea, and headaches. Regarding sleep apnea- are you overweight? It seems unlikely if you're tapering down to have breathing difficulties suddenly appear. You have a lot going on, can you see an internal medicine doctor? They may be able to put the pieces together better.

Withdrawal isn't going to cause the virus, you had to have come into contact with someone who was infected. Withdrawal could weaken your immune system so you were more susceptible. You shouldn't have quit the Zanax, a taper would have been more comfortable. Withdrawal will add to the fatigue, dizziness, nausea, and headaches. Regarding sleep apnea- are you overweight? It seems unlikely if you're tapering down to have breathing difficulties suddenly appear. You have a lot going on, can you see an internal medicine doctor? They may be able to put the pieces together better.

I did taper a bit for the Xanax stoppage. I didn't do an extreme alcohol solvable taper or anything but just dry cuts from .5 Xanax pills over about a month or so.

As for the Epstein Barr Virus, I know that isn't caused by the drugs but it may be causing a lot of the fatigue.

The main thing is my shallow breathing and how it may relate to suboxone cuts and withdrawal. I guess I'm hoping to find others that may have advice on that. If it is sub withdrawal that is causing the weakened breathing, how am I supposed to fully withdrawal?