• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone withdrawl rapid detox, help is here, read this.

Swaybird1

Greenlighter
Heroin for two years, IV for the last. Subs 8mg strips afterward, for two years. I am a CDAC in recovery for 5 years, and am a psychologist in training with a focus on addiction. I want to share my hope. Now, I was on 8mg Suboxone strips for 2 years. I did a rapid detox, 8 to 4mg for four days, to 2mg for two days, then nothing. Three days go by, I'm good. Fourth day, it stats. First two are unbearable. I had clonidine prescribed, IT IS A GODSEND, GET IT FROM YOUR dr.It takes away almost ALL RSL and cold sweats. Now mind you everyone is different, and my body is highly resistant to withdrawls, just luck. I worked out every day for two years on the subs and slept and ate right. That prob helped. Now after the fourth day of withdrawls (they don't start from subs till day 3 or 4) the anxiety came hard. So I got Xanax, and Adderall for the despression. I DO NOT RECCOMEND THIS FOR EVERYONE, TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR. The Adderall was amazing, took away depression, destroyed the emotional and mental torture, and let me get out and do things. Clonidine every 3 hours, and I was feeling great. Now the Adderall comedown will happen. I got Xanax as well, instead of prescribed Ativan. The Xanax completely removed the severe anxiety. DO NOT USE XANAX FOR MORE THAN A WEEK, YOU WILL DEVELOP A NEW DEPENDENCE. The anxiety will continue, but much less. This combination made withdrawl almost painless for me. Clonidine, Xanax, (DO NOT OVERDUE IT PEOPLE) and addys. I worked out every day and drank water and sweated. I promise to you, after 2 years of bupe at 8mg and a rapid detox, the withdrawls were almost completely gone by day 8 with the help of these other meds. Stay safe, and exercise to get endorphins going. I cant say I will never touch a drug again, but that drug will NEVER be an opiate. DO NOT LISTEN TO HORROR STORIES OF SUBOXONE WITHDRAWL ON THE WEB. THESE PEOPLE WERE PREDISPOSED TO LOW OPIATE PRODUCTION FROM YEARS OF USE, SITUATIONAL DEPRESSION OR ANXIETY, OR OTHER MENTAL ISSUES. The withdrawls WILL NOT last weeks or months. Its physically impossible. That feeling comes from a person not truly doing the mental work to stay clean. I have been through every drug imaginable since age 16, and I dreaded suboxone withdrawls horribly. With good sleep after Adderall (benzos or sleeping aids) clonidine, and excersise and nutrition, THIS IS DOABLE, AND NOT PAINLESS. Everybody is different, reactions to drugs, metabolism ect. I know that. I am sharing my story, and hope many of you try it safely if you cant get off subs. Good luck in sobriety it feels amazing. Love you all. (New poster)

And if you stretched out thedetox i bet it would have had even less pain of wd. Instead of jumping down quickly i would have stretched it out for a few weeks or so at the point. Atleast a good month to taper down some. Would have been even easier for you for sure.

And if you stretched out thedetox i bet it would have had even less pain of wd. Instead of jumping down quickly i would have stretched it out for a few weeks or so at the point. Atleast a good month to taper down some. Would have been even easier for you for sure.

Trust me i know, my psychiatrist for whatever reason recommended rapid. Wish i found u guys first. I was so determined to live opiate free. I learned about slow taper after although i have no idea why he did rapid to me. To have me back on with more paychecks for him?? Who knows..

Ide do a rapid one if i wasnt on subs yet and was just using them to get off some other opiate. But after beig on subs for so long i would deffinately do a longer taper

DO NOT LISTEN TO HORROR STORIES OF SUBOXONE WITHDRAWL ON THE WEB. THESE PEOPLE WERE PREDISPOSED TO LOW OPIATE PRODUCTION FROM YEARS OF USE, SITUATIONAL DEPRESSION OR ANXIETY, OR OTHER MENTAL ISSUES. The withdrawls WILL NOT last weeks or months. Its physically impossible.

Its not the acute withdrawals that last so long it is the PAWS. Lots of people struggle more with the post-acute withdrawal symptomes than the actual physical WD.
I have written it many times but my Sub-WD from only 1mg a day tapered down to ~0,4-0,5mg was extremely bad despite of Benzos, Gabapentin and weed. And I was not that long on this dose...
So it is very dependent on the individual drug history etc. People are always making these general statements but that is not how addiction and withdrawals work, it is much more complicated.

Just saying, I am glad it worked for you but this does not apply to everyone.

last time i kicked bupe i came off less than 1mg, prolly .5ish, over a couple weeks and i was still in physical wd 45 days later...chills, yawning tearing runny nose, insomnia, dripping sweat all day and night...definitely not post acute
after 45 days not feeling any better i went back on dope. seemed like the thing to do.

I found that my ability to handle WD's changed after the 7-9 year mark. After using for four years I remember routinely quitting using a rapid taper and being able to physically handle the first 12 days of detox. After getting on maintenance and using opiates for over a decade quitting even 0.25 mg of bupe is a physically hellish and drawn out experience. I much rather switch to a mild short acting opiate like Codeine or kratom and taper that way compared to low dose Suboxone WD's.