• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone - what you need to know FIRST

shedlightignorance

Greenlighter
SUBOXONE:

Get to know your white knight in shining armor BEFORE you get help from a physician.
Your doctor will NOT explain everything.

Ask questions about the amounts of dope that are in the different sublingual films.

These films are color-coded by strength.
Compare that to your pharma/street-dope habit.
Be firm, don't allow the doctor to obfuscate or otherwise confuse you.

The manufacturers of Suboxone® do not have a financial interest in your 100% success - they have a financial interest in your remaining on their product for as long as possible - and by extension, the doctors don't either.

The 8mg ones contain a huge amount of dope, so much so that the constipation it causes will literally have you screaming for an epidural.

Because of the naloxone in the sublingual film, the euphoric effect is cancelled out, meaning that anyone, no matter how small their initial habit, can be put on the maximum dose to ensure that they pay the premium and start at the very bottom rung.
Because being on Suboxone is much preferable to the other life, people will stay on it and therefore take forever to wean themselves from it.

Get on a program, just make sure you dodge the wolves while you do it:

Start on the LOWEST DOSE that you can possibly take.
Suboxone is made of two components: buprenorphine/naloxone, in a ratio of 4:1.
If the doctor says that the 1mg/.25mg films are the smallest ones that you can start on, then by all means cut them into quarters and start on a quarter of that, i.e. .25mg/.062mg.

When you are first initiated, the only way to know is to take the smallest amount and then wait at least an hour or so for the pain of withdrawal to recede.

When your doctor tells you to come to your first appointment in a state of painful withdrawal for proper initiation, obey that instruction.
Your billions of synapses are going through a changing of the reins, from one horse to another, if you will, so follow their instructions to the letter.

They have you come in in a state of advanced withdrawal where you can hardly see straight, they have you sign a waiver or two, and then you trust them to save you; you do what they ask.

They know that you just want to get out of withdrawal, and right now.
Be strong - don't take any lab-coat intimidation that tries to "up" your dose.

Maybe the best approach is to discuss it all ahead of time.
Maybe they don't want that to happen, because it sure didn't happen with me.

If the doctor offers an explanation for the high dose, that it is required somehow, suggest that you want to start very small and up it by the smallest amount possible, once an hour, until you feel ok.
If you find resistance to this idea, then find another doctor.

By the way, something else I wasn't told: don't try to take more Suboxone® to chase a high that won't ever come - that will set you back months, as I found out to my loss.
Disruption of dosage in either direction can really set you back. It has to be very even and persistent.
A daily dose should be broken up into small pieces and taken throughout the day in order to be able to reduce the amount over a period of weeks and months.
"Defeat in detail," as it were.

Suboxone® withdrawal is different from heroin withdrawal - some say worse, if that is even possible.
The thing is though is that because it denies you the carrot along with the stick, weaning off of it is actually possible. It takes away the withdrawal, yet there will be no high. Not so with pills/heroin, which gives you a fat carrot after taking away the stick. Suboxone® has the possibility to work, and it's much better than the other life of pain and uncertainty.

My doctor did not tell me these things.
Apprehensive of being plagued by banner ads for rehab clinics every time I opened up a Google page, I didn't look this stuff up ahead of time.
The information I offer here was not to be found anywhere, back when I needed it.
I get banner ads related to opiate addiction ad naus all the time now, as a trade-off for educating myself.
Maybe my information was given out by the manufacturers of Suboxone® themselves.

Privacy does not exist anymore and the Hippocratic Oath is now a meaningless formality, it seems.

I asked my doctor how many of his patients had completed the program, i.e. were off the Suboxone® entirely. He could not answer my question, but to say that one of his patients was on a very tiny amount, and had come to rely upon that miniscule dose as an anti-depressant!

I suspect that the medical profession, and the pharmaceutical company that produces this product for them to dispense, are doing a great deal of interestingly well-timed business together.

Are the same people in control of the air corridors over Afghanistan the same people who own the rights to Suboxone®? It would make great business sense, as the demand for expensive, addictive heroin is gloriously inelastic.
I didn't know that up to 1979, USAID and the American Morrison-Knudsen Corporation financed and built several dams on the Helmand River in Afghanistan. This salinated the local soil, creating optimum conditions for opium poppies, as impoverished local farmers discovered.
Who's to say it was an inadvertent side-effect or a strategic decision by people in it for the long-haul?
Almost in perfect step with American withdrawal from Vietnam and her similarly asserting herself militarily in the Middle East, opium poppy production has shifted from the "Golden Triangle" to the "Golden Crescent".

There is a gargantuan, hairy-arsed Mastodon in the room.

On American prime-time network tv there are now ads for stool softeners to counter the effect of these super-sized Suboxone® prescriptions, featuring a pale blue-eyed Susie Homemaker spelling out backwards on a sheet of glass, Picasso-style, the word, "opiates" in matching pale blue marker.

Expensive prime-time ad slots bought by an opiate addiction treatment product,

where Fast Food and Cars and Beer and Toothpaste and Insurance would otherwise be - it follows then that opiate addiction treatment is a business that, in America at least, is on a par with these products.

The gargantuan, hairy-arsed Mastodon in the room has just taken a shit on the living-room floor.

We all need to understand that shame is natural. It is an ingenius side-effect of this addiction.

Shame is the reason that the opium trade and the people who dominated it are not in our history books, aside from when the British Empire felt obliged to bombard China into submission and starve India for the sake of the enormous profits that came from this pernicious business.

Having stumbled into this human-designed Venus Flytrap, feeling absolutely under its power is a shameful experience - the misery and compromise is humiliating.
However, those who get through it are tough as nails and wiser for the experience. It can even be empowering.

Because of the shame, people don't share what they have learned, pin down who the pushers are, and free themselves of this scourge on modern humanity.

Lack of real education about opiate addiction are what have allowed this Venus Humantrap to exist, and for many centuries now.
The people who first cultivated the opium poppy in Neolithic times are the same people who spread it through Alexander, the same people who put a gun to the heads of the Chinese during the 19th Century, and the same people who pushed it on folks during the mystery Middle Ages in-between.
The bitter reproach of a billion Chinese will be felt one day. Thanks, Vidal.

And so but the Ottomans took Constantinople, in 1453. "Spices" from the east ceased to flow. A way by sea had to be found.
The early European explorers weren't sailing around Africa and South America, risking other people's incorporated investments in London and Antwerp, as well as personal life-and-limb, for black pepper and saffron.

What part of the "spice" trade could possibly have such an imperative despite the risks, such an incentive, such an inelastic demand that it could be held within all rational expectations to be a success?

For those who have been baptised into the horror of this addiction, the ability of the opium trade to possibly affect the control of everything else in the world is utterly plausible.

This is a form of predation of the lowest form; it constitutes a rape of the individual self, the removal of choice, the enslavement and imprisonment of individuals right within themselves.

Unfortunately, the predation doesn't stop at the door of the doctors office.

Ignorance of this Suboxone® dosage factor allows the fox, when it hears the rabbit a' crying, to come a'runnin' - but not to help.

Shed light and shed ignorance

im sure we just took our first 4:1 dose too early. pain+sick=help?

Are you out there? please...i need advice in a bad way. My name is Tabytha, im 26/w/fm. Im begging. Do you know/have any more info on how to or if possible/recommended to stop heroin and go straight to suboxone? All i know is i have to wait atleast 12 hours after my last H dose (.4gram) ...but i dont know how much to take (im assuming 4:1, or half of 8:2) or how long to take it. I do about 1.2g's-1.6g's a day of H via IV. Honestly up to 2.2g's per person per day.. if we have it. Will we be deathly ill from h withdrawal? If so...how long? How much suboxone will it take to stop feeling the withdrawal symptoms?Please...any info is extremely appreciated. I've been a junkie too long....theres a life other than this one out there for me...please give me the info I need to start living alive instead of dying. Im not alone..I have two wonderful women with me who are equally ready to quit. One is my wife of 6 years. We have a hotel room for four days so that we can leave here new ppl. If you're reading this and can relate please reply.

Last edited:
Tabs you'll need 64 mgs of subuxone for that much IV h so 8 strips a day... Jk you'll need 2 mgs every hour after you wait 24 hours from your last dose max is 8 I'd say

how long should i take suboxone?

Lol i was like..WHAT??? 64??? You got me there lol...i found that 4mgs every hour for 3 hours..then 2mgs every 2-3 hours. ..we're trying to wait as long as possible between doses. Im hoping by tomorro we can taper down again.

@shedlightshedignorance, while your intentions are in the right place & starting as low as possible on buprenorphine/nalnoxone (suboxone) is solid advice. Your OP is pepperd with misinformation.

The nalnoxone in suboxone actually does nothing at all since buprenorphine has a higher binding affinity to the opiate receptors in you brain & body. Suboxone will get you high in the 1st place & has the capability of ODing an opiate naive person. You can not truthfully tell me the 1st few does of suboxone did not give you a buzz. Sure there is no rush but me & thousands of other people felt a high from suboxone in the 1st place, I suspect you at no different.

The reason you can not get high from subs after you have adjusted to your dosage is bupe had a ceiling effect. Once you get to dosages of 16mgs & up (R&B claim 32mgs is the ceiling dose but I believe it is much lower) your opiate receptors at saturated & there is none left for anymore bupe to bind too.

The other thing I would like to clear up from your post is induction. You are correct to advise people to do as the doctors say & come to your induction in full blown withdrawal. The reason is because of something called precipated withdrawal. Buprenorphine is a partial agonist & will act as an antagonist if you still have full agonist opiates in your system. Basically the bupe will rip whateve full agonist opiate you have in your system off your opiate receptors & not replace them for some time. The result being precipated withdrawal.

We always welcome people like you to the forums but ask that you do not spread misinformation. If you are not 100% sure what you are posting is true do not post it as such. Just post it as your opinion or the way you believe it might work but stress that you are not sure if that is the way it really works or not. This is a harm reduction forum & no matter how good your intentions are posting misinformation can lead to somebody hurting themselves on accident.

Not trying to be harsh & I hope to see you around the forums going forward. Just want to let you know posting misinformation is unacceptable on a site such as this.

Last time I went to collect my Suboxone, I got part of my two-week dose in buprenorphine-only pills and I can feel one difference between Suboxone and buprenorphine alone, however, it's not in the intensity of the effects at all, the only difference is that when I take Suboxone, I often get sweaty and slightly anxious for ~5 minutes (certainly it also depends on when my previous dose was), then it fades, with buprenorphine alone I get no such effects, so I assume naloxone does have some slight effect on me before buprenorphine kicks in. I can imagine some people may get much worse side effects from naloxone.