• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone turning my adderall into downers

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
The day after or especially the day I take suboxone which is usually a 2-4mg dose, il take a dose all the way up to 60mg of instant release adderall and iterally, I'm nodding. Why is that? And previous to take the adderal I won't be nodding.

Hey man. This is a pretty simple question I think. Buprenorphine is a comparatively long-acting Opioid. In an Opioid-Naive individual, a dose like 4mg can mean 24+ hours of sedation. Buprenorphine is a very potent drug. 1mg should really be enough to get a good buzz for someone with no tolerance. Considering you'd probably take 20mg - 30mg of Oxycodone for the same effect, you can see how potent Buprenorphine really is.

I think it's kind of strange that you still nod even after taking (Racemic) Amphetamines, but it's not that out of the ordinary. You are probably just more effected by the Buprenorphine than you realize. It's worth noting though that Amphetamines, in very rare instances, can exhibit some paradoxical effects. On a few occasions, I've taken large-doses of Amphetamines and passed right out and woke up the next morning, to my girlfriend telling me I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Pretty weird right?

Remember, with drugs and variables like our own individual metabolisms, anything is possible. When you start combining different drugs, you increase the number of variables and the outcome becomes even less predictable. Buprenorphine also, in my opinion, is more sedating at equipotent dosages than a lot of other Opioids.

I do this every single day, 20mg of Adderall IR insufflated every morning, 2mg of klonopin too, and then I do 2mg of IV subutex... the synergy I get from these drugs is incredibly nice.. some days I feel more stimulated some days I feel more sedated.. its weird.. but either way I feel fucking fantastic from bupe+adderall... and the klonopin makes it even nicer.. but I am not opiate naïve by any means, was a long time heroin/pharm opioid addict before getting on bupe, and actually staying on bupe.. Anyways, I think it is a bit odd, that 60mg of Adderall didn't at all wake you up, but totally possible, buprenorphine really is a powerful opioid! don't be fooled by it being a partial agonist, it still packs a punch whether it be suboxone/zubsolv/subutex(my favorite of the 3, it doesn't have any nasty orange BS in it for the most part, there is one generic out now that does but I have yet to try it, and no naloxone it it either just bupe, feels a bit "cleaner" than suboxone to me, and is a bit more sedating than the other 2). and I have been on it for like 4-5 years, with a few opioid relapses too, but in total its probably amounted to 4 years or so with the relapses..

Simply put, if I take a half of a 8mg sub 24hrs before dosing the adderall....nodding off the bupe. Then come down...or up because I wasn't nodding any more aka it was wearing off. THEN when I dose my adderall within 30 mins I'm nodding again.....only with subs tho....I mix a roxy with a 30 mg ir and I'm in heaven.

No need to worry, after awhile you will get so used to your suboxone, your gonna start wishing it acted like a downer when you crash on adderall (lol jk). You will get used to it however and the adderall will start working without any problems from the suboxone making it weaker or masking the addys effects. Surprisingly, adderall and bupe have an AMAZING synergy, you will see what I mean when you get more tolerant to the Suboxone. I was prescribed both adderall and suboxone and suffered the same problem you described. I got tolerant to the Suboxone without it affecting my addys, and it worked in my favor when coming down from adderall, the subs helped my adderall crash amazingly, without it affecting the actual addy high...give it time