• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Treatment

PolyVeganGirl

Greenlighter
I've read a lot about people getting on methadone or Suboxone medical management on these forms but they all seem to be ACTIVELY using. I've been white knuckling my my sobriety going on 8 months now. Seeing pain management doctors and getting the addict run around. Getting prescribed antiinflammatories when I'm use to narcotics. Is it possible to get on Suboxone management for my chronic back pain (scoliosis) without actively using prior to my initial appointment? I'm trying to keep to my probation and stay legal. Kratom was helpful with functionality in high doses, but has its own down falls.

it is possible to be prescribed buprenorphine for pain management but i have no idea how to go about obtaining a prescription, what the dosages are like for pain or even if/how your probation can affect your chances your chances mate. hopefully you get a compassionate doctor is all i can really say. :/

Yes, just tell them the truth (that you're on probation and need suboxone so that you won't be tempted to relapse w/ illegals & end up in jail) and they will give you a script.

I'm almost positive that'll be fine. Just make sure you let them know you ARE an opiate addict struggling with your sobriety, and explain your situation like I suggested.

Good luck :)

I don't know if suboxone would even help outside of making other drugs less of a temptation. I think you could get a prescription if you explain yourself, but why do you want that floating around in your medical record, especially as it will likely prevent you from getting future help if you find it isn't effective.

I'll add, 4 years of sub didn't make a dent in any of my pain (for the same issue).

Have you tried muscle relaxers at all?

I just wanted to update everyone:

I went to my local methadone clinic this morning and was initially automatically turned away because I failed to test positive for opiates. Thankfully the RN had taken the time and listen to my whole story. She didn't want me to go back out and use just so I could stay clean. Apparently after a lengthy discussion with the doctor they're willing to treat so long as I can prove that I've been in treatment programs. Thankfully that is no problem to prove. Hell, even while I was in jail I was in a treatment program. They are verifying my records now but I suspect I'll have an answer within the next hour or three.

Someone had mentioned that I wouldn't want this floating around in my record. Unfortunately any time you pull up my record now it's automatically in big red text drug abuse: opiate abuse. Amazingly even at brand new doctors I've never been to. I guess there is such a thing as a permanent record after all ;)

I never understood the reason that some clinics have that requirement. There were two by my house that only stated that you have to be in withdrawal. I mean, you're paying them and it would be different if you were on other non-prescribed drugs. I really hope they let you in the program and let us know how it goes!

Oh and yes, there is such a thing as permanent records. I was branded, too. :(

I am on suboxone, and do not actively use. I used to use heroin (and every other opiate/drug) but have been clean for 3 years. I just started 3 months ago back on suboxone because I was having a lot of awful thoughts (or good, whatevers your poison lol) my city has ridiculous rules with suboxone, and doctors are backwards as hell, so I make a trip once a month to NYC, (4 hours away) and see a doctor there. He's a great guy, actually cares about his patients, and wouldn't just cut me off or taper me too quickly.

I know a lot of doctors don't expect you to test dirty for opiates, and actually like you being clean coming in that way you aren't trying to put suboxone on top of heroin or something.

Call around, couldn't hurt! Do you have insurance and all that? I pay my doc cash each visit. Totally worth it to not deal with the hassle of outpatient and other groups!

Whoops, I missed your update! Good for you...

That is crazy about the permanent record though... I'm sure I have a scarlet letter on mine as well :p

Permanent record thing suuuuucks- was forced to go to the ER while in WD so that bs is on file now. Good luck self ever getting a script again 8)