• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Bupe Suboxone to curb wd’s

Thickchicken

Bluelighter
Hi guys, so I’ve been shooting between 3-7 dilaudid 8mg pills a day (sometimes hydromorph contin instead) , and I experience withdrawals every morning it’s the same shit. Now I have about 5 suboxone pills to split with my gf (she’s addicted too) ... we want to get off and taper using suboxone. Neither of us have coverage so we are buying it off the street, would like to get off it as soon as possible. What should I do? Tomorrow morning the withdrawals will start... I know we’re supposed to wait a period of time to start the suboxone

Around 24 hours, I would take around 0.5mg and see if any precipitated withdrawals occur. If not, increase 0.5mg/hour until you reach 1 or 2 mg maximum. Expectations are key, buprenorphine is not a full agonist, so you will not achieve the normal relief you expect, and increasing dosage will not solve for that problem and only complicate matters further. If you had more, I would suggest 4 mg/day for 3 days and then immediately taper down, but 2 mg should be sufficient (it's not going to feel good no matter what, if you prepare and adjust expectations, I've found chances of success greatly increase.) Stay hydrated, eat as much as possible, and stay busy and exercise - exercise is the single best thing to do during these times, it helps in so many ways.

i normally wait 24hrs plus before using subutex (like subuxone without the naloxone ). then i normally only take 1mg and that is enough to bring wd down to a 4-5/10 and then wait as long as i can ( another day or 2 ) and have another 1mg, then another 2 days later only .5mg and then just ride out the rest of the wd while using benzos and gabapentinoids and lots of weed.