• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone taper

Your steady dose is 8mg per day; I don’t see any way of getting a buzz at that dose on a regular basis unless you take other drugs with it (ie stimulants) or you could try alternating your dose (ie you could take 2mg in morning and 6mg at night then take 6mg in morning (to get possible buzz) and 2 mg at night) another option that would probably work better for a buzz day is taking 4mg the first day and 12mg the buzz day it would still keep your steady dose at 8mg in the long run.

But the best way for a buzz I think is to lower your dose for multiple days then take extra the day you want a buzz (ie you could take 1-2 in morning and 1-2 night for multiple days then when you want a buzz take 4 or 6 mg that morning

While I think the best option is to do none of the above and keep doing what you are doing but to find a stable dose for a buzz unfortunately it’s not going to happen once you get tolerant to subs which is why it’s considered MAT make sure to not drink or eat anything 30 minutes before or after taking, that sometimes will help for better absorption which may help get a buzz, also some brands are better than others like zubzolv or brand suboxone is my preference then mylan (Alvogen brand causes me horrible headaches) some prefer to take all their dose at once (ie 8mg in morning or 8mg at night) Best of luck
Thanks mate, it helps a lot. I was playing with the dose for several months and at one stage managed to survive the whole week with 4mg per day (2+2). The problem was my depression and pain came back and I didn't feel absolutely enything. Since I started 6+2 I still feel a little buzz after afternoon dose. I also tapered down 20mg Lexapro in the morning and since this week I quit. Without any side effects. Hopefully l won't develop tolerance to Subs for at least couple of months? If that happens i would try to adjust the dose again as I don't see any other option.

If you take 6mg a day of course you won’t. You need to taper lower before you’ll feel the lower doses.

-GC
I got it. But anything less than that brings my depression and pain back. 🤔