• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Suboxone tablet insufflation causing sinus issues?

cfgn

Greenlighter
I’m wondering if my habit of snorting my prescription Suboxone tablets is causing an occasional soreness in my throat, amongst other sinus issues like headaches (usually upon awaking, not having dosed in 12+ hours) and nasal stuffiness. I’ve been prescribed 2mg generic bupe/nal tablets for about a year, and for most of that time I’ve insufflated a quarter of the pill twice a day, totaling 1mg/day.

During the day, I feel no sinus issues. Especially right after I take a dose. My nose “clears up;” if I had a sore throat, it’s gone; and I’m perked up. It’s only upon awaking, and later in the day, do I feel these sinus issues. Especially if I take less than usual, like 1/6th of a pill rather than 1/4.

I’m mostly concerned about the sore throat—
which, again—doesn’t seem to be a daily thing, but is persistent enough that I’m writing this right now. I know there’s a bunch of crap in the pill, and the actual drug is a fraction of the total contents of the pill. I was thinking: maybe the nasal drip (especially if the contents are acidic; I’m prone to acid reflux) is a primary factor? I eat/drink too many acidic foods and smoke as it is, which probably doesn’t help.

I intend on stopping the snorting of the pills, and just putting them under my tongue. I was doing it out of convenience and higher bioavailability, which is why I’ve found it so hard to quit in the first place, lest I ask my doctor out of the blue to up my low dosage. I also intend on smoking less and eating better; before I put a single drug in my body I was giving myself GERD attacks by not watching what I eat/drink. I’m young and quite healthy, but with a few bad habits.

Hopefully, someone here has more information. Thanks.

Also, perhaps my wisdom teeth are just impacted? I’m 25, so I thought it was just never gonna happen, but I do feel pain in that area of my mouth that Suboxone mostly blocks, I guess

Last edited: