• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone/subutex/ Memantine/Nicotine :together

ezmony23

Greenlighter
New member here. I've poured over so many threads but I really could use some help simplifying some answers.
I've been prescribed suboxone for 8 years now for PAIN. ( yes it rare but true). Before I started taking subs, I considered myself a very smart man. I built a really large company from nothing and was living very well. 8 years later and I'm dumb as a box of rocks.
My long and short term memory is terrible, I feel no pleasure, and am fairly depressed. Complete lack of motivation.

So anyway, through the past 8 years , I had very little change in my tolerance for the subs, but I did get a lot of headaches probably from the naloxone. So 2 months ago my doc switched me to subutex.

Now I realize that it's the exact same ingredient besides the naloxone, but within 2 months, my tolerance has been destroyed. Taking 3 times daily dosage and the pain will not go away. Only thing I can rationalize is that maybe the pills of the subutex are not absorbing the way the strips of suboxone were. I see the dr next month and will try to switch back.

So I read where Memantine can help with all sorts of my problems such as the tolerance issue, and brain fog, nicotine habit ? I ordered some and have it here now, but I'm a little scared to take it cause I don't know much about it.
First, is it safe to take it with subutex and/or suboxone and nicotine? Will it actually improve clarity/memory? Will it also help me quit smoking? I guess I'll start with 5mg a day and go from there, but I really hope that it will bring my tolerance back down so I can get back to my regular small dosage. Anyone with experience please share without getting extremely technical. Thank you very much.