• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone: Savior or Devil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannyDizzle

Greenlighter
I had been a heavy IV heroin user for about 2 years, then went into an outpatient, they prescribed me suboxone. I actually felt high the first few weeks since these doctors know nothing of this drug. I was on suboxone for a full year, when I finally was finished with being dependent on something. Addiction is a terrible disease. and i know just the fact of your dealer not answering your call 1 time gives you the worst anxiety, i really do not recommend suboxone. I was not lucky enough to have insurance for half the year, doctor appointments are $125 cash only, and they truly want to keep you on it and pharmacys happily charge $11 PER STRIP. Theyve actually condoned tapering by yourself. I jumped off suboxone 9 days ago cold turkey from 4 mg a day. Most doctors say that you need to taper down and taper down and taper down til your not even sure if youve got the minuscule piece under your tongue. Buprenorphine has a much longer half life than agnoist opiods (the good stuff) meaning youre withdrawal will be much more drawn out. Just be careful, most doctors are the exact same as the dope dealer on the corner. I was able to go cold turkey with simple meds from another doctor, gabbapentin, seroquel, clonodine, and a few alprazolams on day 4 and 5 (THE WORST)!

Sure it's addictive and expensive but compare it to the price of dope and it's really not too bad when you take that into account. Although you will have to withdrawal from it you have a chAnce to get your life together and get away from the addictive behaviour of dope use. It allowed me to work full time and save money and I would gladly go through a few weeks of Wd in exchange for getting a life again after a year of suboxone use

Buprenorphine is quite helpful if you have drug problem and don't yet know how to be sober. It is really good maintenance drug if you have decided to stop but your socioeconomical situation isn't quite right and you don't have all those support mechanisms in place yet.

You are trading one addiction to another but you can do bupe legally instead of getting illegal drugs from god knows where. Quitting bupe may be rough but it can also be a walk in the park if done correctly. Also here every drug related visit to a doctor is free and maintenance drugs too. I guess american drug users should vote Sanders if he gets nominated <3

I agree with the points you have made, it is quite helpful to get off of illegal opiods. But in hindsight I wish i would have just stayed in and outpatient program and quit cold turkey, Suboxone is so expensive in America, and the high demand of Substance Abuse doctors is sky rocketing, so they really dont understand how it works. I have always believed educated drug users are smarter in reference to drugs/doses. I was placed on 24mg of Suboxone, if I hadnt done research I would have been stuck on it for life. Tapering suboxone down from anything less than 4mg is difficult because of the half life and amount left in system, when you taper lower than 4mg you begin to feel withdrawals... SO why not just quit right then and there.

Sure it's addictive and expensive but compare it to the price of dope and it's really not too bad when you take that into account. Although you will have to withdrawal from it you have a chAnce to get your life together and get away from the addictive behaviour of dope use. It allowed me to work full time and save money and I would gladly go through a few weeks of Wd in exchange for getting a life again after a year of suboxone use

Your right, i put myself in 15k worth of debt into my veins in 2 years, and ruined most of my life, but i really just see it as a crutch, instead of 5 days of withdrawal you get possible months worth of fatigue, insomnia, and extreme depression. But you are right, I was able to work and pay off most of my dope debt, just once insurance cut out, it became near impossible to do anything other than take my paycheck and give to my doctor and pharmacy just to be able to get out of bed.

I've been on it going on 3 years pretty soon. Imp, savior. Yes coming off of it sucks, yes there are docs that just wanna keep you on i( mine has encouraged me to taper, even though I was started on a high dose) but i feel I would have gone down wasaay harder if if I didn't go on it. It does suck if you do not have insurance, that's for damn sure, it's pricey with. Now I have been far from peachy clean and just taking my subs, but as said I would have been way worse without it. I kno coming off of it is going to suvk and I knew that going on it. But it's far from the Devils drug imo, far from it. I have a bank account which is huge for me, before subs I was lucky to have more than 5 bucks in my account.. The night of payday

And as far as it being a crutch, it's called opiate replacement therapy for a reason, in a way it is. But think of it like this... How many relapses do u think u would have had if you didn't go on it? Getting over the physical part is really the easiest part. That's why they encourage you to do talk therapy with NA or other people while on subs. The price sucks, but there are many meds that have that problem that help people.

Suboxone kept me alive for a number of years so I am very glad it is available. I agree that it is way overpriced and that many suboxone doctors act like legal dope dealers. The sad truth is most opiate addicts cannot manage abstinence from opiates once they are addicted. That's why suboxone and methadone are such important drugs. They allow people like me to continue on with our lives despite being addicted.

Suboxone kept me alive for a number of years so I am very glad it is available. I agree that it is way overpriced and that many suboxone doctors act like legal dope dealers. The sad truth is most opiate addicts cannot manage abstinence from opiates once they are addicted. That's why suboxone and methadone are such important drugs. They allow people like me to continue on with our lives despite being addicted.

And with that excellently phrased post I'm going to close this thread. Please read the OD posting standards. There are other forums on blue light besides OD.

Status
Not open for further replies.