• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone review.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Ok so I’m going to a sub doc for my opiate habit. I take atleast ten ten mg norco a day. I will have to pay four hundred dollars over six weeks for the first visit. The two hundred each month. Does that sound about right for a sub doctor? Also why can I expect from subs. I know it’s not subext but eh.

My withdrawals are hot flashes cold sweats the same things I would be getting from benzo withdrawal except massive cravings for it.

So is it worth the money I’ll have to fork out for it?

100 mg of hydro isn’t THAT extreme of a habit. I think you might have other options. Before forking over $400, try kratom.

10 grams is what I use to alleviate WD symptoms. Some use less, but I always needed at least 8, preferably 10. But it also depends on source/quality so start small and work your way up.

It may not work as well for you as it did for me, but it’s worth taking a chance on to save yourself a bunch of money.

I’ve tried Kratom since 2012. It reallly messes with my eyes. I mean my eyes cock to the left or the right and it started since I started Kratom. I would go through a pound of red or green MD in two weeks. I know it’s safer but my eyes somewhat return to normal when I stop. It also causes other problems. Atleast with the subs I’m not tempted to steal my second dads norco or but them illegally.

I know 400$ is all t of money but I’m willing to put that aside so I can come to grips with my addiction to opiates. I’m doing this mainly for the ppl I hurt and myself. I just see this going into harder things and me being a curious and easily tempting person who knows I may be ending up doing H in the near future.

Hope this makes sense.

I'm not sure where you're located but in Florida my experience with costs for a sub doc is usually around $200. That also doesn't include the cost of the Rx itself. Suggestion: touch base with your insurance company and find out if they cover you for filling sub Rx. If they do, make sure to find out if they cover the pills or the strips. Obviously you'll wanna have the doc prescribe whichever formulation that your insurance covers. (Efficacy is the same whether it's pills or strips in my opinion.)

One other thing though, I highly suggest using the subs to detox and taper off as quickly as possible. Obviously make sure you don't do it too fast and cause yourself to be uncomfortable, however any longer than say 6 months is completely unnecessary. I was on subs for roughly 10 years and used to be a huge proponent for them and would swear by them and their effectiveness. Then about 2 months ago I was court ordered to treatment and was forced to come off of the subs and the WDs were easily worse than any full opiate withdrawal I ever experienced. Not necessarily because of the actual physical symptoms but more so because of how long the symptoms last. Like I said it's been two months since stopping and I'm STILL experiencing stomach issues, sleep issues and other physical issues. As a six month slow taper subs are fantastic, any longer than that or as a maintenance med they just become a major hassle and not all that different than methadone.

400 dollars the initial visit I. Then each visit every month in two hundred dollars. Ya I’m not planning staying on them. Just to come off this mean addiction I have.

Took fifteen red md capsules and hardly feel anything. Either my tolerance is way too high or a bad batch.

^ Sonic, did you buy the capsules from a head shop or package them yourself? I was in a similar situation when I lived in Florida with no insurance self-paying. It would be worth the cost to help you get your life back. Many doctors prescribe more mg than you actually need and you may be able to get by with less.

I bought out of Florida and I live in Oklahoma. I paid and extra forty for forty capsules cause they got fronted before I got paid. Was trying to help them and me.

I had to take 34 pills to even feel it. Then I just gave the extra five to my neighbor who has been kicked out of pain management for over a year. They worke. I just didn’t realize how much less power you get per pill. So no more fronting. If they want to front it’s full price for what they want for it.