• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone questions?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so ive been a pain pill addict for a good 4 years. Never tried to miss a day. Anywhere between 80-120 mg oxycodone a day. Sometimes oxymorphone. I havent dont any since saturday and it was only 50 mg. Since then ive done 12 mg of suboxone the past 3 days. I still have 12 mg left, i want to rapid taper the rest then jump off. Note this isnt my first time doing suboxone, ive done 2 or 3 months back. People say you will withdrawl off the oxy when the suboxone comes out your system, but HOW? IF THE OXY HAS LEFT MY SYSTEM AFTER A WEEK ON SUBOXONE? How can you withdrawl off somthing out your body? Can somebody give me a taper schedule? Like i said i have 1 1/2 of 8/2 mg suboxone strips? I dosed 3 mg at 3 this morning. 8 hours ago

The way I see it you're basically just prolonging the withdrawals of the oxycodone. I tried to do this by going from fentanyl back to heroin to suboxone and I basically withdrawaled from all 3, it was horrible. Just because the substance has left your body doesn't mean the changes to your brain have returned to a normal functioning state. The suboxone may help slightly because it is a partial antagonist and maybe your brain can heal slightly in the mean time, but you will still face the oxycodone withdrawals.

Ok well I understand why one would still mentally withdrawl off oxycodone. But I still dont get how I will physically withdrawl off the oxycodone. Because usually the physical withdrawl of oxycodone is 5-7 days. Looks to me like after a week or 2 of suboxone would avoid the physical withdrawl of oxy but still have PAWS. One thing I DO NOT want to do is withdrawl off suboxone because of the duration.

No that makes zero sense that you would still wd off the oxys. That's some terrible misinformation. If you still had to withdraw from your doc afterwards then why even do suboxone at all? That's dumb don't believe it.

The reason suboxone works, and this is very not technical because I am not a chemist or a doctor, is because it is a partial mu agonist rather than a full one meaning it doesn't activate the receptor site nearly as much and it also lasts for a long time thus giving your body a chance to chill on the short acting full mu agonists and recover a bit.

Theoretically you want to take the sub at least as long as the acute wd symptoms of your doc opiate would last, in your case probably one to two weeks. The quicker the better IMO.

For instance in the past I have utilized the strategy of 8mg for three days 4 mg for three days two mg for three days and Then quit.. With very mild wd symptoms afterwards.

Of course I could have taken say 1mg for a couple days and even cut down further .. The lower you titrate the more painless the come off . this is all short term time frame. Once your body is used to Bupe and you hav straight up Bupe wds, those are what last for months . but that is after long term use of Bupe. Not just a couple weeks.

Should also be noted the fast taper works best because of bupes very long half life which as long as you are taking a good enough dose should hold you for at least 24 hours. And as with all opiate tapers, taking the least amount possible for relief is the best way to ultimately come off Of them.. You can't expect an ultra fast detox with no pain. And yet if you draw it out the pain could be extended.. So it's really about striking a balance and dealing with minor wd symptoms rationally not emotionally.

All IMO of course. If I was you I would immediately cut down to 2mg a day for three days then one my for three days.. Then u would still have 3mg to play with if you wish to taper further.

Terrible misinformation? they said they were taking suboxone for 3 days you cock sucker you think there body is "magically cured" by the suboxone? Gtfo of here with that all knowing bullshit you aren't an MD and neither am I, but you clearly have no fuckin idea what you are talking about

Really. Sorry your ego can't handle being contradicted but it's not a matter of withdrawing from multiple substances. Its a matter of receptor downregulation.

He said he had 12 mg more to work with and wanted help with a taper plan and I was informing him he wouldn't just be "prolonging his oxy wd" that is misinformation.

Many people on this very forum view bupe as a miracle drug for getting off opiates with little to no discomfort, and with far smaller doses than OP has indicated. By the way I always predicate my statements with IMO or that I'm not a doctor because that's all it is but generally I don't talk out of my ass..

I hope your right agoraphobiaphile. His post scared the hell out of me. Im going to taper. And get more if necessary

Sure. I'm by no means the authority on suboxone but I have used it countless times through the years to get through withdrawal.

Any other input is welcome..

Did you take 2mg today?

There are ways to get more out of your supply. Some people swear by thoroughly brushing your teeth/mouth beforehand. Some say a high proof alcohol solution raises BA which I agree with but have never had to do it because I have a steady supply.

But if you are really trying to just come off of everything raising BA is basically taking more bupe and slowing the taper.. So yea. I think 1mg or .5mg is a reasonable dose to jump off at if you have only been taking it for up to two weeks. Reallistically you are only getting 50% absorption max so it's Really less if you are using sublingual.

As others have said, you WILL withdraw... an opiate is an opiate (suboxone however is a special case, but lets assume for simplicity). If you stop the suboxone after a short taper, you most likely will just have the regular opiate withdrawals. However, if you continue suboxone use, the withdrawals will last LONGER.

Im coming off a year of suboxone at no more than 8mg a day, and the withdrawals may not be as intense, but they last for fucking ever. Id much rather come off oxy or hydro, but thats personal preference, if you can call it a preference...

So you have 12mg sub... honestly bro, just jump now. Youre going to withdraw anyway, because you are still taking a chemical that works on the opioid receptors in your brain. Once you quit the drug, your opiate receptors in your brain/stomach(yes, stomach) have to downregulate, or adjust, to not having anything to fill the opiate void. So just taking suboxone is prolonging the inevitable.

Anyway, good luck to you man. Keep us updated if you like.