• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone question?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so im addicted to pain pills for 4 years, oxycodone mainly(100-120 mg daily). Well ive been 34 hours without a pill. I had access to one suboxone 8 mg strip. Ive dome half of it through the day and I feel normal, not high or withdrawling just warm and in a good mood. Will this prolong my withdrawls or help me straight through these hellish days

If you had more subs, you could do a slow taper. Seeing that you only have 4 mg left, you could take half of that today. Then the other half tomorrow. To answer your question, yes I believe you will have withdrawals once you've finished the suboxone. Is your plan to completely stop using oxycodone?

OP, I encourage you to do some digging around the forums regarding this subject. There's a lot of good information out there regarding the process of using Buprenorphine to withdraw. In short, the fact that it's a partial Opioid agonist and not a full one means that it will not completely interfere with the progress of you withdrawal. There is cross-tolerance between Buprenorphine and other Opioids, but the former's unique characteristics enable it to be used to taper.

Well I have access to 1 more 8 mg strip. Im currenty 48 hours in and feel fine. Once the oxy is out of my system, shouldnt it at least be a little less intense of a withdrawl

Yes thats my plan. I haven't had any oxy since my last 50 mg dose sunday around 1:30 pm. It is now tuesday 2:15 pm. I was wondering if I could keep the suboxone in me intill this weekend, I could defeat the physical symptoms and prepare for the mental part.

Ok so nevermind i cant get that other strip, so i just did my last 2 mg of suboxone 30 mins ago. How long before i feel physically sick again. Will I be withdrawing off suboxone after just 1 strip or still off oxy.

Do you have insurance? At the amount of opiates you're taking per day, you could be a candidate to get on a suboxone program.
I highly recommend it. So much better than worrying about when you're gonna be able to get your next opiate and whether you'll have money to get any, wd's, etc.
If you can find a dr in your area that practices that treatment, that'd be the best option. Sometimes they're in high demand so it could take up to a few weeks to get in. I would taper down as much as you could on the opiates until you can get in the program.
If you have any other q's, just let me know.
Good luck! :)