• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone, is less really more?

Yes and no.

As with everything, more is more, but with bupe, "more is more" is only valid up to a certain threshold (aka the ceiling). Beyond the ceiling, you are capped, and don't feel the ups and downs of the drug as you dose and it wears off. You are fully saturated and you feel nothing when you take a dose and you feel nothing as it wears off because even as it wears off you are above the ceiling limit.

This leads to stability to where you just feel normal.

To actually FEEL the dose (and the negatives of it wearing off) you have to be taking a low enough amount so as to be below the ceiling level.

Now. Ceiling level is not some magical threshold where all of a sudden you go from a 1:1 ratio of take more > feel more to take more > feel nothing. It's an exponential curve, and there is first a point at which the effects start diminishing. And beyond that point the more you take the less effects you get from it. The point of diminishing returns begins at 2 mg (bloodstream not daily dose, because the half-life will accumulate, which I have a mathematical formula for figuring out). But it only slightly returns at 2 mg. At 4 mg you see moderately less returns and the 8 mg you start seeing substantially less returns. By 16mg you are effectively capped, because at 16mg you have 81% opioid receptor activation yet even doubling your dose to 32gb only increases opioid receptor activation by 3% to 84% total. Even 8mg is 75% receptor activation. And again we are talking bloodstream levels not daily dose. And your bloodstream level will be 2.7 times your daily dose, provided you are stabilized on that dose for at least 7 to 10 days, otherwise the math doesn't work. It can still be calculated, but it must be done in an Excel spreadsheet with formulas and a daily column where you enter the dose you took. It takes roughly a week before the data starts getting really accurate, because you have to let the half-life build up to the approachable limit.

I think anything beyond 8mg daily is pointless. Preferaby 1mg daily dose (which is 2.7mg in blood after stabilization and 48% receptor activation).

These are mathematical calculations which I have done myself based on study data, extracting data points from the receptor activation by dose curve and the mean half life of buprenorphine. All calculations assume the mean half-life of 37 hours.