View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Suboxone interacting *bad* and blocking 4-AcO-DMT and other psychedelics

yaesutom

Bluelighter
I am trying to figure out if other people experience negative reactions when taking psychedelics while on suboxone/buprenorphine. This is the 2nd time I've experienced either a very very weak trip, or very weird stuff going on.

I have been switching around to different opiates for a while, usually poppy seed tea daily or kratom (never interacted bad with psychedelics). Lately been on suboxone (2-3mg/day). Yesterday I took 25mg 4-aco-dmt orally (2nd try tripping on sub). After over and hour I barely started tripping and it was pleasant for a while, but weak. It reminded me of years ago when I tried to trip while on an SSRI... something is there but most of it seems blocked.

I snorted a couple 5-10mg bumps some hours later.. trying to boost it up. It worked a tiny bit. Then hours later when I was basically about completely down I hate some food, and then felt the effects start again... like it wasn't being absorbed (which is weird, never had that happen before except with oral DMT). But this time, weird shit started happening like rapid heart beat / panic. Weird perceptual effects unlike the 4-aco-dmt I know and love. Felt like an "overstimulation" or like something in my brain went out of wack. Felt like the elf magic that normally does its magic mind healing was being screwed with, blocked, and modified.

I thought it was this particular batch of 4-aco-dmt but some friends had from the same batch and said it was normal to them.

A few weeks ago I couldn't get much of a trip out of the same 4-aco-dmt + some MAL on top of it (which I know is good quality). Pretty sure it was a day I used suboxone.

-----

Next time I try I will try to have switched to another opiate for a few days (unless i figure out how to quit totally, which i doubt) and see if it makes a difference. I'm not taking any other drugs/medications so I don't know what else it could be. Only thing that makes sense is suboxone doing some wacky stuff maybe causing some kind of downstream serotonin effects. I tripped hard off MDA/LSD inbetween the two trips I attempted while on suboxone, and everything was fine/normal.

I have taken a wide range of psychedelics while on suboxone over the years without any negative effects.