• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone induction off heavy habit (fent nasal), using phenibut to help

RTrain

Bluelighter
I am trying to induct on Subs right now. I actually waited about 22 hrs from my last couple lines of this powder fent stuff, which is quite strong, I on;y use around 0.3 a day but it packs an f'n puch unlike anything else I've encountered.

So long story short, the Subs didn't help...if anything got mild pwd symptoms. So now I just got to keep sucking it up and wait for my tolerance to drop to where the Subs will be helpful. While I wait for that, I have decided to try 1 G of phenibut, which has helped me in cold turkey w/d before. Just seems to improve mood and energy, so I'll update how I feel about using it for this purpose.

Tried finding some decent info on actual experiences using it during opiate withdrawal, but not much luck.

Do u know which fent analog you have? They have varying strengths, onsets, and durations, so knowing when to induct is difficult.

I would induct with micro-doses to avoid pwd, then keep dosing every few hours until you feel better. If you've reached 32mg and still havent gotten relief, then yes you will need a tolerance break or methadone.

I've doe this a bunch of times before, this may be the worst because I was getting really pure fent, no analogue the real stuff and it was v mixed and strong enough a little dust licked would make your mouth turn completely bitter. Slowly getting better....but about the Phenibut, which was the point.

I would avoid it unless your withdrawal is from a somewhat moderate tolerance or you are past the (at least severe) acute withdrawal phase. I found it might've helped me be social...slightly, b/c I had to watch my nephew for 2 hrs(no warning on it, ugh) so it was peaking just around then and I was maybe a little more able to keep him occupied, though typically I would've done more with him but still, with no energy and no drive my main goal was he stayed safe with me. But, with that it has a tendency to dehydrate you, sap you of electrolytes(mainly potassium, which is mighty important in easing the RLS, I knew this and should've planned better) and (possibly b/c of those 2 things) it is just hard on the body. It's like alcohol but it slowly beats you down and you don't get a serious hangover after but you feel slightly run down and that last longer until you can replenish your nutrients, which is much tougher in withdrawal.

I found after it wore off I had severe body aches. The Sub was covering most the w/d symptoms but I had pains that would move from place to place and no amount of OTC pain reducer (ibuprofen was my choice) would help, which usually would eliminate any pains. I am starting to feel better, Now just over 2 days since induction, so close to 3 days since last use.

So I don't suggest the phenibut, which I often use while on sub maintenance to improve my social abilities. Maybe lower doses for people who are only weaker opiates and it would be good for sleep. But, it's a risky proposition because it last a long time, it sucks up your hydration and nutrients, it does't help with nausea so it's tough to keep your body somewhat healthy during withdrawal. I think it causes me more pain than any little gain I got from it. It's powerful stuff, even if you do consider using it during a turbulent time for your body, like opiate withdrawal, I would suggest you have some familiarity with the phenibut. I've used it a lot so I: 1. am an idiot for not predicting it could make matters worse and 2. Know my brand, what dose works for me and what to expect.

I've doe this a bunch of times before, this may be the worst because I was getting really pure fent, no analogue the real stuff and it was v mixed and strong enough a little dust licked would make your mouth turn completely bitter. Slowly getting better....but about the Phenibut, which was the point.

I would avoid it unless your withdrawal is from a somewhat moderate tolerance or you are past the (at least severe) acute withdrawal phase. I found it might've helped me be social...slightly, b/c I had to watch my nephew for 2 hrs(no warning on it, ugh) so it was peaking just around then and I was maybe a little more able to keep him occupied, though typically I would've done more with him but still, with no energy and no drive my main goal was he stayed safe with me. But, with that it has a tendency to dehydrate you, sap you of electrolytes(mainly potassium, which is mighty important in easing the RLS, I knew this and should've planned better) and (possibly b/c of those 2 things) it is just hard on the body. It's like alcohol but it slowly beats you down and you don't get a serious hangover after but you feel slightly run down and that last longer until you can replenish your nutrients, which is much tougher in withdrawal.

I found after it wore off I had severe body aches. The Sub was covering most the w/d symptoms but I had pains that would move from place to place and no amount of OTC pain reducer (ibuprofen was my choice) would help, which usually would eliminate any pains. I am starting to feel better, Now just over 2 days since induction, so close to 3 days since last use.

So I don't suggest the phenibut, which I often use while on sub maintenance to improve my social abilities. Maybe lower doses for people who are only weaker opiates and it would be good for sleep. But, it's a risky proposition because it last a long time, it sucks up your hydration and nutrients, it does't help with nausea so it's tough to keep your body somewhat healthy during withdrawal. I think it causes me more pain than any little gain I got from it. It's powerful stuff, even if you do consider using it during a turbulent time for your body, like opiate withdrawal, I would suggest you have some familiarity with the phenibut. I've used it a lot so I: 1. am an idiot for not predicting it could make matters worse and 2. Know my brand, what dose works for me and what to expect.

If it was pure fent then what exactly do you mean by a 0.3? Just, that typically means 0.3g or 300mg which is a HUGE dose...just impossible. Fent is 100 times stronger than morphine so 300mg fentanyl = 30grams of morphine! No one can take 30g of morphine in one dose and still be alive...do you mean 0.3mg ie. 300mcg? Again, this is confusing as that amount of powder is so small it would almost be invisible to the naked eye.

Can you clarify please mate?

It wasn't just put in a v mixer to not cut it down. No one is dosing pure fent, I think it goes without saying it is cut. Calling it pure instead of just regular fent was poor wording, but whatever the case it's not a analogue. I'll just say I've had 1.5-2 g h habits and this .3 of fent mixture is more hellacious of a swap to Subs than those were, not even close.

Well this is derailed anyway, like 99.9% of BL forum posts after 3 or 4 replies when someone has to flex their drug knowledge. I just wanted to see how phenibut works for weathering the time between Sub induction and I'd suggest against it.

Not only did I induct too soon(though I argue why wait 48 hours of hell when you can get some relief for the Sub and in 3 or 4 days you'll be feeling alright). But the phenibut is a bad drug, too similar to alcohol in how it beats the body down, dehydrates, sucks out nutrients and its not like an alcohol hangover but you'll be a but sluggish the next day. This is all really hard to judge while going through a Sub induction anyway so my suggestion is stay clear during the anything more than moderate opiate w/d.

Of course different strokes for different folks and not everyone is snorting f off the street, they might just be doing 50ish mg of hydro or oxy and the maybe you'd find it useful. You also might not get as dehydrated or the joint aches I get after I take phenibut. And I did drink water, barely ate but drank water and gatorade. I've also found clonidine can make me actually more uncomfortable than vice-versa when I have stopped using off heavy habits, as you run that fine line of getting any relief if your tolerance is too high, to taking too much and having dangerously low blood pressure. It's just as simple as the people who wake up and take 4 mg of Sub and feel "great" only 24 hours after stopping. ever has happened to me. These cases are people who have to be in the tolerance level where you honestly shouldn't be even using Sub aside from a detox aide, a lot of poor people went from a, relatively speaking, easy to kick 40-80 mg painkiller habit to 8+ mg on Subs per day.

I don't understand folks intentionally abusing fentanyl. I've gotten IV in a clinical setting before, and it's more of a general anesthetic, because it only lasts five minutes. Cut the steady drip of fentanyl, and you're sober in five minutes.

If you had pure fentanyl (OP, I understood what you meant, but you're still saying you had cut-up-to-hell stuff, but the only opioid present was fentanyl), you'd have to redose after every nod. One good nod, and it wears off.

Why would anyone ever abuse that unless it was the only thing around?

EDIT: this goes toward any suboxone treatment too, this stuff is out of your system in an HOUR. There's no need to wait for anything, and no worry of precipitated withdrawal. By the time any suboxone hit, you'd have already entered withdrawal. Withdrawal on fentanyl would be instantaneous.

It wasn't just put in a v mixer to not cut it down. No one is dosing pure fent, I think it goes without saying it is cut. Calling it pure instead of just regular fent was poor wording, but whatever the case it's not a analogue. I'll just say I've had 1.5-2 g h habits and this .3 of fent mixture is more hellacious of a swap to Subs than those were, not even close.

Well this is derailed anyway, like 99.9% of BL forum posts after 3 or 4 replies when someone has to flex their drug knowledge. I just wanted.........

Well it doesn't really "go without saying" when you calling it pure fent...so no... it could have been a typo or meant a whole number of things...plus there was no indication of how much it was cut... and doing this with fent is a terrible idea since it is so hard to get the fent homogenous throughout the mix and has lead to many deaths doing this...

Sorry you feel you didn't get the answer straight away that you seem to feel your entitled to but posts about fent with obscure references to doses are just about the most dangerous thing there is.....and this is still a HR forum

If people "flexing their drug knowledge" bothers you so much then maybe you didn't see the irony here...you're the only asking the question, ...or is flexing knowledge OK when it answers your query but not when attempting to contribute to HR by clearing up a vague doseing statement?

You were asked very politely to clarify what you meant and then get all salty because you feel that doing so derails the thread "like 99.9% of BL forum posts" and you didn't get your question answered straight away?

SMH

Last edited:
OP was just a little hurt when you pointed out 2g of pure fentanyl could kill hundreds of people. He's self-conscious about his daily habit.

OP was just a little hurt when you pointed out 2g of pure fentanyl could kill hundreds of people. He's self-conscious about his daily habit.

Sorry, is that a joke? I'm confused...

Where did anyone mention consuming 2g of pure fentanyl?

I was stretching it a bit and being sarcastic. You pointed out how 0.3g of pure fentanyl was inhuman, like lethal to multiple people. So he admitted it was cut to shit, but had a daily habit of 2g of "something". EDIT: oh, there's an "h" in there, meaning heroin.

It sounds like a bit of braggadocio from a guy who got called out is all, I'm not criticizing you for making him butthurt, backfromthebrink, not at all.

And I still think if you take actual fentanyl, the actual drug, you enter withdrawal immediately. The half-life is like ten minutes. So he's wrong about what he has anyway, this powder that's like 1% actual drug. For someone who complained about people flexing their drug knowledge, it could be because his is quite lacking. And of course dangerous if people listen to it.

I was stretching it a bit and being sarcastic. You pointed out how 0.3g of pure fentanyl was inhuman, like lethal to multiple people. So he admitted it was cut to shit, but had a daily habit of 2g of "something". EDIT: oh, there's an "h" in there, meaning heroin.

It sounds like a bit of braggadocio from a guy who got called out is all, I'm not criticizing you for making him butthurt, backfromthebrink, not at all.

And I still think if you take actual fentanyl, the actual drug, you enter withdrawal immediately. The half-life is like ten minutes. So he's wrong about what he has anyway, this powder that's like 1% actual drug. For someone who complained about people flexing their drug knowledge, it could be because his is quite lacking. And of course dangerous if people listen to it.

lol....sorry dude

I thought it was a joke but as Im sure you know, we see some crazy things on this board..

It just irritates me when people act like they are entitled to have their question answered, like its some service they've paid for or sonething...

And when they get pissed at "knowledge flexing" if it's to clarify a point or (god forbid) tell them they're wrong....but are fine with said flexing when it's used to answer their question...

Thanks bro

My whole issue is that people who have litterally no clue about drugs do read this stuff and maybe dont reslise that .3g of "pure fent" is insane and might just copy it....you just don't know.

Maybe because I've attended dozens maybe hundreds of dead kids who've fucked up with opiods (often fent laced) that I get a little OCD about people stating doses...Especially when the stated dose is so extreme...it most certainly isn't "obvious" to a young 17 year old who may stumble upon it and dosnt know any better that it's a mistake...

If some folk had ever had to explain to a kids mother that their kid isn't coming back then they maybe wouldn't be so butt hurt about a polite request to clarify a dose... that's all.

Don't feel bad. If OP is right, some fucker is out there selling something he calls pure fentanyl, and kids are snorting it. Nevermind that 0.3g of fentanyl is 3,000 times the standard dose. That hasn't occurred to anyone in this supply chain, apparently. Or the mechanics of trying to dilute a powder 1000 fold, cluing someone in that there's some serious bullshit going on.

Meanwhile, there are drugs out there that really have fentanyl spiked into them, and fentanyl analogues, and some teenage badass is gonna think he can do 0.3 grams of it. And die.

Or the mechanics of trying to dilute a powder 1000 fold

Its virtually impossible to get the mix homogenous with a v mixer as OP states due to it being active at such small doses ..and as for other things like carfentanil? Forget it. The sample will have hot spots and snort one of these and it's good night ..especially if youre doing 300mg of it

This...

That's the part that bothers me...