• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone induction method

Bachplay6

Greenlighter
First time post but let me assure you, I'm a long time opiate abuser and trying to get clean. I inducted last week on 8/2 mg sub and was 26 hours post last dose of oxycodone at induction dose. Went fine. Later that night I had a severe kid stone and was in er. Was given iv pain meds and had surgery next day. Came home with script for dilaudid 4 mg tabs. Only took one dose of sub before stone mishap, so now I'm 18 hrs from last dose of dilaudid 4 mg and need to work. I took 1 mg film sub each 20 mins till I'm at 4 mg now. Am I past precip withdrawals?
I should have said I cut strips of 8/2 mg sub film in 1 mg strips and spread 4 mgs over 45 mins
Thanks all

Is dilauded long or short acting? Any amount of opiates will put u in pw. 12-24h is ok if it's short acting.

Is dilauded long or short acting? Any amount of opiates will put u in pw. 12-24h is ok if it's short acting.

I do believe dilaudid is short acting though half life is greater than oxy immediate release. Ther is a huge diff in 12 and 24 hours when in withdrawals. Hopefully this attempt at sub will last longer than one dose. I'm ready to be free

I suppose I put this in the wrong place. I've been reading here for years and my first post was disappointing

I have been taking 8mg strips of sub for 1 year now so I have experience with this. I would wait 24-30 hours before dosing with subs after taking any opiate period. This is only to avoid precipitated withdrawal. If you do not feel like shit after 45 mins of taking your subs then you are not going to have any PW. Subs attach and activated within 30mins of dosing. If you have any other opiates on those receptors and have not waited at least 24-30 hours there is a good chance you will go into PW but everyone's body works differently. Hope this helps!