• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone High

Flyin306

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. I am a new BLer but have been browsing the site for years because of the great information. I have been addicted to opiates for 7 years. The first 5 years brought me to about 25 norco 10/325s and for the last couple of years heroin. Always snorted and got up to 26 bags a day.

My doctor prescribed me 24mg of Suboxone a day which I think is major overkill. I tried one 12mg strip and it put me to sleep.

I've read that less is more with this stuff so I decided to try cutting it up and ended up with roughly 3mg doses. After taking one 3mg dose I got much more of a body high and just overall good feelings.

My question is this... If I keep my dose at 3mg a day instead of what my doc prescribed, will there be a greater chance of gaining dependence on bupe? I see no reason to take two 12mg strips a day but my thought is to keep getting them as prescribed and let them pile up... Or sell them.

I did several searches and couldn't really find what I am asking here. Some might think it's stupid to ask but I'm curious. What's more addictive high doses of bupe, or lower doses of norbupe? Norbupenorphine is more powerful than bupe from what I understand.

Thanks for any input and please move this if it's in the wrong place.

24mg Suboxone? Sheesh wayyyy overkill. 1-2mgs was plenty to kill my WDs. I don't know the answer to your question but I'm sure others will chime in! My guess would be no a smaller dose wouldn't increase your chances of being dependent on it.

24mg is way too high. Ive been taking suboxone for 3months because my doctor perscribed it to me and i started off at 8mg but that was still too high i felt foggy so i lowered my dose to 4mg and now i finally tapered down to 1mg and and jumping off the sub train!. Today is 48hours without a sub and im starting to feel the w/;d symptoms. worst feeling ever i honestly dont think ive ever felt worse withdrawls but im sick of waking up everyday and letting a pill control me.

Suboxone has become a racket in its own right over the past few years. I'm not going to pretend that everyone is the same, but I too have had dope habits measured by the gram and neither myself, nor any of my buddies ever really required more than 8mg Buprenorphine to get well. It's in the interest of the manufacturer to unload as many strips as possible on the end consumer, regardless of the ultimate outcome. Buprenorphine is "a good thing" and much like how disapproving of Operation Iraqi Freedom makes you a bona fide Islamic terrorist, you could easily look "in favor of addiction", by trying to insinuate there is too much availability of the drug.

It's a pretty complicated thing to describe, but the "less is more" saying regarding Buprenorphine is backed up by fact. It's my personal belief that there's no reason to take any more Buprenorphine if you feel normal enough.

That is WAAAAY too much sub. My doctor way over prescribes it too. He tried to me at 8MG and it was soo much it made me sick. I demanded they give me less the next day so I went down to 6. and eventually down to 5. I still think they gave me too much when I read of 20 year heroin addicts that were fine with 2MG!! I was pissed I was on such a high dose.

Anyway, heres the thing, you are ALREADY addicted to suboxone, it completely takes places of the heroin you were already using. The benefit is that it is easier to taper off. So just take the least amount that makes you feel better for 24 hours. Then slowly take it down (could be over years if you want).

Good luck!

I agree with the other BLer, 24mg is an insane dosage.
Im on suboxone therapy, and o started by taking only 2mg (i live in italy, we have a different approach), and got me high.
I already took subs in past before being clean and relapse, now its a week and due to cravings i ask my doctor to increase the dosage, she said ok but only a 4mg in total.
I ask that to being covered for sure, what i need is a range from 2 to 3mg daily.

When you continue your therapy you stabilized and dont feel high anymore, but try to be low as possibile, bupe works either at lower dosage, its acts different from methadone. Try a dosage where your stable, and dont crave, thats the spot.

Keep buprenorphine dose as low as as possible l, as stated, and, if low enough, occasionally raising can feel like a full agonist

Buprenorphine/nalaxone combos are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive, and would agree to stockpile

a year or so getting 24mg per day? That would last A LONG TIME, although roa plays a role, and YMMV

A neat trick? Dissolving it in a ml or less(say 70 units) and then administering it sublingual makes buprenorphine 1.5-2x as potent, by increasing BA%, and also speeds up absorption

There with you. Kinda. Just started Suboxone. And already starting to crave. But it's not a CRAVE at least. There's still time...I've only been on it for 2hours. Drug addled brain.