• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Suboxone for wd

Chicsgobull23

Greenlighter
Can I take suboxone for 2-3 days and split it in quarters and make it ease the wd symptoms or will I just go through the opiate wd after not taking the subs anymore even if it's only 2-3 days of the subs? I dont mean complete skipping of the wd but will it help me through day 1-3 with reducing symptoms and if I stop the subs after day 3?

you would just be putting off the inevitable. Cut into quarters like you stated, then reduce dose 10-25% each day for a fast taper. The subs are long acting so you might be able to get by ok with just dosing once in the morning and using comfort meds to sleep. Or dose once in the morning and once at night.

you would just be putting off the inevitable. Cut into quarters like you stated, then reduce dose 10-25% each day for a fast taper. The subs are long acting so you might be able to get by ok with just dosing once in the morning and using comfort meds to sleep. Or dose once in the morning and once at night.

^^^ THIS

Unless you implement a fast taper of the sort that @Mr.Deeds is suggesting then you will indeed just be putting off the inevitable.

Ive seen loads of posts by people who for some reason don't get this though (and im talking about older members who really should know better too btw). Some people suggest that even if a taper isn't used that withdrawls will be completely avoided because you wont have been on the subs long enough to suffer bupe withdrawls but will have been off the original substance long enough for the withdrawls from that substance to be averted.. Of course, this isn't how it works and the withdrawls from the 2 substances isn't somehow separate. Its all opioid withdrawl and the only way withdrawl can be got through is by the body clearing itself out of the chemical causing the withdrawls and allowing the body time to restore homeostasis with regard to the various chemicals, neurotransmitters and hormones that have been thrown out of whack by the drugs... this either involves going cold turkey from OR implementing a taper of some sort (preferably a long slow taper, but if this isn't possible for some reason then a rapid taper the likes of which @Mr.Deeds describes.

Simply substituting one opioid for another and then going cold turkey from that instead is indeed just postponing the inevitable I'm afraid.

Last edited: