• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone dosing time question?

Stoner_420

Bluelighter
Ok so recently I've had access to 8 mg suboxone strips. Im new to suboxone and ive only done 1 strip over a course of two days last week. So I have two 8 mg suboxone strips right now. The past two days ive done 50 mg hydrocone per day. Then today I've done 80 mg hydro and 30 mg oxy. Last dose of oxy was at 8:15 pm. Im out now. When will it be safe to take half the strip? All these meds ive done the past 3 days have been instant release if that matter. Thanks

subs are pretty strong and have a meaan half-life.
what do you mean by 'safe'? are you talking about WD's or OD'ing? please specify as everyone is different and we don't know your tolerance.

You have to wait until you're at least in mild withdrawals. I'd be surprised if 2mg wasn't enough for you, actually. Try starting out with a quarter of the strip, and wait at least 20 minutes till you redose.

General rule is you must wait a minimum of 24 hours after last opiate use (besides methadone, 72 hours) before you can take Subs.

Not 22, not 23 1/2.. 24!

Doesn't matter if you're sick like a dog, please wait 24 hours to avoid PW.

I had a buddy in rehab who waited 19 hours, and was in withdrawal, and experienced nasty precipitated withdrawal.. he got very sick.. for about 6-8 hours.

24 hours isn't that bad..

So 11 o clock last night was my last dose of oxy. So 11 tonight, i can do some suboxone?

sure..

I mean precipitated withdraw...I specified it pretty well

could you point out to me here where you specified PWD?

Ok so recently I've had access to 8 mg suboxone strips. Im new to suboxone and ive only done 1 strip over a course of two days last week. So I have two 8 mg suboxone strips right now. The past two days ive done 50 mg hydrocone per day. Then today I've done 80 mg hydro and 30 mg oxy. Last dose of oxy was at 8:15 pm. Im out now. When will it be safe to take half the strip? All these meds ive done the past 3 days have been instant release if that matter. Thanks

all you really asked is if it when it would be 'safe to take half the strip?'
i wouldn't even be arsed to come back and point this out, but this is a harm reduction forum; so please do specify in futuere whether you're talking about WDs or ODs - not just you, but everyone, it could save a life one day.
anyway hope you got what you needed man

Lol OP you didn't specify it haha it's okay to make mistakes the mistake devil won't come out and eat you alive lolol.
Are you addicted ? Or just abused the last few days and can't wait to take the sub ? Cause if you just can't wait to get high and don't get withdrawals at all and can't wait a full 24-36 hours that would be sad cause with withdrawals you wouldn't be able to wait 8 hours

I know I'm a late arrival to this and OP is probably "all set" at this point, but the golden rule for me has always been to ingest literal "crumbs" of the Buprenorphine. I never dose a strip at once, even at the 24 hour mark. You take insignificant "crumbs" 15 minutes at a time. If you dose .1mg Buprenorphine and it causes you discomfort, you'll know that you're too early. If you decide to dose the entire strip at once, I'm afraid that's on you and it's really not the way to do it if you have accesss to the medication yourself. In detox programs, this typically isn't allowed and it's kind of a roll of the dice.

Gorillaboy ive been addicted to oxymorph and oxyc for going on 6 years. I withdrawl at least once a week. Thanks richards, i have been doing that with the same thought, luckily before i seem this somehow. Thanks yall. Yall are my bluelight family :)

Yeah there is no need to take more then 2mgs with the doses of hydro/oxy you've been on... Hell 2mgs can usually cover most opiate withdrawal symptoms in most people. You may even be fine on 1mg.

Yeah there is no need to take more then 2mgs with the doses of hydro/oxy you've been on... Hell 2mgs can usually cover most opiate withdrawal symptoms in most people. You may even be fine on 1mg.

This really is true. I think the drug companies have a vested interest in keeping the masses on 24mg Buprenorphine per day. I've literally never used that much Buprenorphine before and I've used pretty hardcore in my life. When I was "on the program" for a few months, I took 4mg per day and it worked fine. The only issue was that I still craved. No amount of Buprenorphine would kill the cravings, sadly.

And for the record, you can lethally overdose on Buprenorphine, so let's not spread potentially deadly misinformation to the masses when a simple Google search can answer the question.

Last edited:
Any way isnt suboxone got a ceiling effect, why is this guy talking about ods

Mate I'm sure the ceiling effect only refers to the effects you feel, either pain relief or buzz. You can still OD on it, thought I should point that out. Hope your still doing well.

Yeah im craving, and have access to crushable 20 mg oxymorph. But im not going to get any, staying strong!! 3 days clean so far. Of course still on suboxone unfortunately.

Ime the mega doses of Bupe are more about poor absorption than anything.

Doctors and nurses know Fuck all. I've seen nurses tell people to drink a cup of water right after The sub dissolves. So they're obviously getting poor absorption.

You veterans know how to get the most out of it.

Drink water RIGHT after? Wow. That nurse doesn't know Shit about Bupe.

You're not supposed to eat or drink anything for 15-20 minutes after taking Subs.. My addiction spealist Doctor told me that. He's the one who Rx`d me Subutex.