• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone Dosing Experience and Insight

GreenGnome

Greenlighter
Hello All!

I would like to create a place that kind of sums up all the little bits and pieces of information usually found throughout BL. This is concerning YOUR experience with opiates and transformation from full antagonists to partial antagonists.

While there is tons of information about Suboxone/Subutex, and many people give their experiences in threads, it is something that takes hours if not days, as I have such experienced myself. With that said, the information I have seen is all over the map. Yes there may be no direct conversion, but there are some studies that give ball parks and such, but what is important is the user feedback. This is why I feel it is important to create a thread stating exactly such.

E.g.

What your opiate of choice was?

What was your dose?

Did you taper from that dose before beginning Subs?

Did you ever experience PW with your conversion?

What is your current Sub dose, and with that,what you feel is your appropriate Sub dose based on your opiate use? (Because some of us enjoy using a little more then what where supposed to ;))

I feel these are all the important factors a lot of us look for and find in all the corners of the internet. I hope this helps to bring a lot of it to one place and become a better guide to those looking to get off full antagonists. please feel free to provide any other information you feel is important and relevant to your experience and may be to others.

Hope this Helps! :)

-GreenGnome

I really am not quite sure what you are trying to do here? I take it English is not your first language? I am just having a difficult time putting together what you are suggesting. The only thing that really makes sense is the questions you are asking... and I don't see what those questions really would have to do with HR. I am not going to shut the thread down or anything, I am just hoping you could clarify what you are trying to do.

Thanks I guess? Maybe I'm just the idiot that doesn't understand why you don't understand. lol. I wanted to start a thread where all opiate users, past and present, would post what and how much they were taking before they switched to a partial AG like suboxone. and with that how much did they take or are taking. I guess this more of an equivalence data sheet in a way, converting abused opiates to suboxone through user experience. Better?

This time i did H once after being clean for years and the next day stared subutex. I'm so sorry Idid't knew the less is more trick then :( now im on 8-24mg a day wishing & dreaming to somehow taper off to that small, euphoric dose

I'm so sorry Idid't knew the less is more trick then :( now im on 8-24mg a day wishing & dreaming to somehow taper off to that small, euphoric dose

8-24mg is a pretty wide range of a dose. 1-4 films in a day... you dont notice that "ceiling effect" everyone seems to talk about around 12+mg. Thats the average I have kind of scene anyway..

Well I am a CPP and if it helps I just switched from subutex to methadone and the switch over dose was ~ 60/70 mg methadone

^So how's your pain Dash now that you are on methadone. It's my last option in my mind, come off 240mgs oxycodone and switch to 'done, less frequent dosing and great pain relief apparently.......so how well dose it work for you?

Honestly I hoped and prayed that it would be the end of the line, but with all the nerve damage it really does not take much of the pain away, which is why I am tapering off of it. You all are going to see a super agitated Mad Dash for the next month as I get down to 30 mg. Once /day. Then decide from there what I am going to do. I will say this much Methadone... a million times easier to taper down that subs...

Heroin was my doc., used on average 350 mgs daily. I have been on mmt at 90 mgs a day. I'm now using 3-4 mgs a day of suboxone.
Is that what your wanting?

Heroin was my doc., used on average 350 mgs daily. I have been on mmt at 90 mgs a day. I'm now using 3-4 mgs a day of suboxone.
Is that what your wanting?

Yes. Thank you. Hopefully enough people can post to make this more of an educational thread on dosing for those that have never taken suboxone before.

the first time I started sub I was hooked on IV morphine 300mg a day or more/
I used 12mg of suboxone a day split between three doses.
I did not taper before
no Precipitated withdrawals

I relapsed on heroin. I was using 10-15 bags a day.
I was on 16mg subutex split between 2 doses.
I did not taper before I went on.
No precipitated withdrawals

I relapsed on heroin again 15-20bags a day
on 4mg IV of subutex twice a day. (very dangerous, dont do this)
I did not taper, and because I didn't stop using full agonist opiates I found myself in Precipitated withdrawals frequently

I have now been clean from maintenance drugs, and opiates for almost a year. I have never felt better, however, I am one of the people that maintenance doesn't work for, because if I am using anything I will abuse it. There are many people Maintenance works wonders for...I however am just not one of them.

I would like to add my personal experience now. As this thread is intended to educate those on equivalences for those of which that are not experienced nor can obtain a professional opinion.

I had taken 60mg of oxycodone a day. and a good day 90-120. but 60 is what got me through the day just normal. Since i did not taper, and switched to subs. While 8mg/day were obtained, that was far more then necessary. I have learned that about 1.5mg of Suboxone taken daily is sufficent to "get by" And with that I mean that the 1.5 is perfectly equivalent to the feeling of the 60mg/day habit. Sometimes I take that 1.5 and split it into two and take half in the morning and half late afternoon.

I hope to gain more user insight to help those looking into helping themselves with Bupe treatment. Keep posting you guys! I really wish I had a "go to spot" such as this in my time of need. Much more useful.

What your opiate of choice was? -- HEROWAYNEEEEE

What was your dose? -- G+/daily - went on a few crazy runs of year+.. so happy its over (right now).

Did you taper from that dose before beginning Subs? -- no. had my last shot the morning before I went "away". started my Suboxone 24hrs later w/o any problems. this is not my first time using bupe, so I knew what to expect but had no idea it would be THAT EASY and I would still feel good the whole time.

Did you ever experience PW with your conversion? -- NEVER ONCE! been on 2 suboxone programs where I got sobriety and at times used suboxone to TRY and get sober but would only be a day or two, but never any problems.

What is your current Sub dose, and with that,what you feel is your appropriate Sub dose based on your opiate use? (Because some of us enjoy using a little more then what where supposed to ) -- I started this last one off at 16MG back in April and now down to 8MG. I dropped because my sex drive kinda sucked and I want to be back to "normal". its only been a few days on 8MG but I feel fine; its very easy to drop from 16MG to 8MG but anything below that is where it gets tough. last time using bupe full time in 2012 I hit 4MG before going back to dope and going on the run of a lifetime.

I'm so afraid of PW--I need to switch over in the next day or so. I'm at about .5 to 1g daily heroin (IV), of pretty high quality as far as I can tell. I switching last month after only waiting 12 hours, and I found out the hard way that this wasn't long enough. If I could be certain that 24 hours would be enough, I wouldn't be freaking out so much. Did anyone wait 24 hours and STILL go into PW after having a moderate sized habit?

I was using H for about a year(1.5-2g day before I started getting suboxone. Was sing 8-16mg a day and used it for about 3 years. Only had PW once due to inexperience and I slept it off and was fine. Although, when you get used to switching back and forth from the two you get used to it and don't get PW. And if you are feeling any WD symptoms it's okay to take suboxone. They say 3 days but that's just not right. I've known people who have taken it 6 hours after using and have been fine, me included.

I'm now off of it after a taper down to .5mg. PAWS from this stuff lasts so long so it's not a good idea to take it long term. It's good to get on and taper down for a few months.

I was up to 500 mg oxy and norco a day. Then went to MMT and was up to 200 mg a day 120 liquid and 80 in pill form pretty much everyday. The clinic didn't test for other methadone as far as non liquid to liquid. Then my gf at the time which was the best thing that happened to me told me I was twitching in my sleep and she didn't want to come home and I be dead. Broke up in feb this year 5 weeks later I was off MMT and clean from methadone. I lasted 5 days and started sub. At first it was off the street so I could get my life together I got my old job back in May and insurance by August now I'm in treatment sub dr and usually at 8 mg sub a day sometimes more sometimes less. My receptors are fried I can't feel it except a tingle every now and then lol which sucks but least I have my life together.

Back here again... Relapsed... 300mg icy a day. Started induction yesterday. Doses .5mg bube at a time for the less is more method type deal. Finally felt mostly normal at 6mg....

Not happy about that, that's a lot more then what can last me to do a full taper. ?

This was actually a great thread. It's too often members scare the hell out of people with PW stories. Reading these reminded me it's not so bad.

I'm inducing tomorrow morning. Taking my last dose around 4PM today. I've done this same regimen in the past and it has worked like a charm. My DOC is H and I can jump between 5 - 10 bgs a day. Depending on what's around. I've tuned it down the last two days in an attempt to prepare for the suboxone tomorrow morning.

I just want to get this over with already. This whole H scene is getting old and boring. My quality of life hinges on dealing with a person who could give a shit less if I live or die.