• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone Dosage/Safety

elstongunn39

Bluelighter
So I do opioids on and off but wouldn't say I have a tolerance. Normally takes 20 mg of oxy to get me really good, I don't have to do a whole roxy 30. I got my hands on a suboxone 8 mg strip. Wondering if it's safe to cut it/like if it's all distributed equally, and what a safe dose for a pretty opioid naive person would be. I have narcan on hand but don't want my friend to have to use it.

So I do opioids on and off but wouldn't say I have a tolerance. Normally takes 20 mg of oxy to get me really good, I don't have to do a whole roxy 30. I got my hands on a suboxone 8 mg strip. Wondering if it's safe to cut it/like if it's all distributed equally, and what a safe dose for a pretty opioid naive person would be. I have narcan on hand but don't want my friend to have to use it.

Yes it is fine to cut the strip into portions.

So suboxone is a very very powerful opioid. I think you could actually so the conversion yourself by checking opioid conversion charts online but without a tolerance you'll want to do a really small amount like around .5 mg. Maybe up to 1mg depending on your roa but I would definitely start at .5 or less and move your way up.

Also I don't know about such small amounts personally but I do know that Suboxone OD is particularly hard to reverse with narcan(aka nalaxone) because buprenorphine itself has a higher receptor affinity than narcan. Case in point strips of Suboxone contain narcan and it does nothing to stop the Bupe.

So be careful.

Yes it is fine to cut the strip into portions.

So suboxone is a very very powerful opioid. I think you could actually so the conversion yourself by checking opioid conversion charts online but without a tolerance you'll want to do a really small amount like around .5 mg. Maybe up to 1mg depending on your roa but I would definitely start at .5 or less and move your way up.

Also I don't know about such small amounts personally but I do know that Suboxone OD is particularly hard to reverse with narcan(aka nalaxone) because buprenorphine itself has a higher receptor affinity than narcan. Case in point strips of Suboxone contain narcan and it does nothing to stop the Bupe.

So be careful.

I know this is an old thread...but this post by Agoraphobiaphile that I quoted brings up an important point [a potential question, which I would like to ask now as a definite question] - posing this same question below with a little more relevant personal detail, can Naloxone/Narcan be used to reverse a Suboxone overdose?

Also on this topic, I would like to throw in my personal experience over the past 24 hours. I will have too much anxiety to check the thread responses [if any] out before I go to sleep, since I constantly think I am overdosing or going to overdose, over quantities and things that are laughable [marijuana, for example, TERRIFIES me - absolutely terrifies me].

I am doing very well in my opiate recovery. I am a hypochondriac though, and this causes consistent issues.

Within the past 24 hours, I have used 1mg of Suboxone and 1.4mg of Xanax, spaced out in increments as outlined here [Current time is now past midnight, 1:51am EST]:

1mg Suboxone [nasal] @~2:37pm, 5pm, 6pm, 9pm.
1.4mg Xanax [oral] @2am, 7am, 9:30am, 12:30pm.

I used in the range of 0.9mg to 1mg Suboxone. It can become somewhat hard to weigh, given that the full 2mg Suboxone pill itself weighs only 0.10g on the scale. I obtained two of these pills today, and, upon turning on the scale, immediately placed the unused 2mg Suboxone pill on the scale with the unused portion of the other 2mg pill that I had been ingesting nasally on the same piece of paper. The full 0.10g pill and the crushed portion of the pill I was dosing myself with was toggling between 0.15g and 0.16g on the scale. So I snorted between 0.04g to 0.05g of the 0.10g of the first 2mg Suboxone pill. Put another way, I snorted between 40-50% of the 2mg Suboxone pill, putting my total Suboxone consumption between 0.8mg to 1.0mg, all of which I ingested nasally in the ~6.5 hour window outlined in bold above, which took place starting almost 12 hours ago and ending at my last re-dose at 9pm, which was just under five hours ago, as of this exact writing.

It has been over 13 hours since I orally ingested my last portion of the 1.4mg of total Xanax that I took yesterday [2020-09-23]. Again, as per the times outlined above, that 1.4mg of Xanax was started almost exactly 24 hours ago, and ended over 13 hours ago.

My opiate tolerance is extremely low now. For perspective, after this session of using, I intend to wait a minimum of seven days before using anything again. I don't precisely feel that my opiate tolerance is as low as it was when I took my first Percocet pill at age 25...but there are some days that it sure does seem like that.

MY QUESTIONS:

[1] Is there a definitive medically preferred antidote to a Suboxone overdose?
[2] Would a 5'9", 175-lb adult male with no experience with either opiates or benzodiazepines be at any risk of dying using the above substances as per the schedule of use outlined above?

I should also point out that I am a lean 200-lb, 38-year-old man [I will be 175-lb again pretty soon, lol], just getting out of a two year opiate addiction period - if that makes any difference, or perhaps makes what I used less stupid, in light of the fact that I do have a history of opiate use...which I think technically may have upregulated the number of opiate receptors I have? Although I should also point out that it really does see like my opiate tolerance is the same as it was the first time using them. I also have a minor history with benzodiazepines, but exclusively on an "AS NEEDED" basis. So my Xanax tolerance also seems exactly the same as it did the first time I tried it.

PLEASE NOTE: I understand that Suboxone is a combination of Buprenorphine and Naloxone [Narcan], and that Buprenorphine is a "partial opiate agonist", and not a "full opiate agonist". I would hate for a reader to be confused by me stating I am a former opiate addict [addicted to full opiate agonists], but who is looking for an antidote/cure for a partial opiate agonist. This is one of MANY reasons why I think education, and having good people in our lives, is so extremely important.

Thank you.

Last edited: