• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone detox with mega dose - Vit C

Queef Richards

Greenlighter
Howdy Aussies - or anyone else. I've just had my last dose of suboxone, and tomorrow it detox time. I have a bunch of stuff to help. I won't lis 'em - what I'll do is tell you what they are, and you comment
Day one - last dose Suboxone. 2mg. Have reduced from 8mg subutex per day for last 2 years. I've Mega dosed Vit C (there's a bunch of info mega dose Vit C helps if u google it, heaps), the dude that does this recovery forum goes right into it.
http://opiateaddictionsupport.com/be...remedies-help/
I've got everything he mentions, so a perusal will show natural ways to do it - NOTE - they're not just natural, he talks about benzos, DXM, phenibut etc etc etc, seriosly -there's like 30+ drugs - which i've got 25 of em. SO, i've taken a bunch of diaz, and am off to bed for my last decent nights sleep. Oh - and ganja.
I'm gonna wake up, have weed, valium, valerian, kava, gabapentin, clofe, loperamide (when symptoms become occult), phenibut, plus plenty of water/lemon/quinine/magnesium.mucuna pruriens, DLPA, 5htp, and see how it goes.
I'll update tomorrow and let you all know.
Please - don't worry about tolerance, i'm more interested in whether anyone has experience messing with GABA receptors and/or vit c megadose.
peace
Sol Invictus

Okay - day one (apologies if this is in the wrong thread - can a mod move me to the correct one pls?)
Woke up feeling kinda calm - i knew this day was coming - had some Mucuna Pruriens/DLPA and two whole squeezed lemons in water to start - then about 1 hr later began on the mega Vit C. I'm taking 2-3 grams every two hrs (have to set timer on iphone to remind me). Am waiting for occult symptoms to reveal themselves before having any loperamide. Have also had gabapentin, baclofen, phenibut, ganja, diazepam, passionflower, valerian, clonodine, clofen.
When runny nose starts/RLS will take Loperamide (unfortunately no quinine to potentiate, and also Cimetadine is prescription only), also diphenhydramine.
I have as much diazepam as needed, but again - i will wait till i need em.
What I'm interested in is if anyone has personal experience with Mega-dose Vit C to help detox...
thanx

I recommend to taper much further down to for example at least 0,5mg. 2mg is still a very high dose to jump off from.
Also do not take codeine for the WDs because it is just setting you back. I wouldn't take Diphenhydramine too because it only makes the RLS worse and makes you feel lethargic.

I have no experience with high dose Vit C but I have kicked Bupe in the past and I would never dare to jump at 2mg but I also never took that much to begin with.

never heard of mega dosing vit c. and i have never came off subs before but shit i can kick off the h all day with enough valium clonidine and lope. lyrica never helped me at all but with that thrown in there too you should be good to go. but again no experience coming off subs but good luck. i will keep track of this as i am interested in how this goes for you.

All of the people involved with suggesting this sound really dodgy and all the evidence is completely anecdotal. Mega dosing vitamin C could potentially cause kidney problems and genetic damage. But at this point I doubt you care too much about any potential dangers and just want to get better. If I where that addicted and at the end of my rope I might try it. Report back if it really works but honestly it all sounds like placebo to me.

Ow ya mega dose Vit C on tope of the diarrhea and chills brought on by withdrawal. Sounds like it will be a squirting good time. Aside from that there is little to no peer reviewed studies showing Vit C actually lessens physical withdrawal symptoms. Taper down to a lower dose of Sub and then jump off around .25 mg or less. Stay away from overusing vitamins as they should only be taken per the instructions on the back of the bottle. A calcium magnesium supplement would provide a subtle but real muscle relaxing effect that can lessen RLS during detox.

Ya, I've been on subs for 2 1/2 years i think, do not want to get off it..my dose is pretty much 8mg a day, sometimes 4mg, I can't seem to get below 4. My problem is I stop taking it sometimes or just shoot it so when opiates come around I can just get high...like yestrerday, i overdid it (22 Percocet 10s consumed in 4 hours) and back on subs today. My doctor mentions tapering but in my head I know I will go straight back to using,it's all i've really known really, which makes me want to go on Methadone...I know ya don't get high from it but I think it would give me what I'm missing from subs..i use to take it recreationally once/twice a week at 20-25mg doses...sub too, suboxone would get me majorly wasted before I got on it for maintiance. but anyway, have also thought about maintiaing on seed/pod tea, but I don't wanna waste a buncha money trying to find good seeds.

Queef Richards,
Have you considered using Kratom to get off the subs? If you were able to taper down to.5 mg or even .25 mg sub then take Kratom for two or three weeks I think you may have some real success! Kratom withdrawals are very minimal and are nothing compared to partial or full agonist withdrawals.

I've heard about people doing vit c iv infusions with 50-100 grams at a time and putting a big dent in withdrawals. I'm skeptical but tis interesting.

I think Queef is from australia , so kratom is not an option for him/her.They ban everything here, even kava. Coffee will be next.

I've heard about people doing Vit c iv infusions with 50-100 grams at a time and putting a big dent in withdrawals. I'm skeptical but tis interesting.
Dosing more then 4-5 grams of Vit C causes severe diarrhea. Combining that with an opiate detox could result in the individual becoming dangerously dehydrated.

Dude I got thrown in a psyche ward cause I went ape shit on 100mg of clonazolam yeah u read that right the shits about 4 times stronger than k-pins. Anyway I was on 8mg sub a day and all they gave me was .1 mg clonidine three times daily, Ativan 3 or 4 times daily @ 1mg doses and trazadone and serequel at bed time....... And I had ZERO withdrawl couldn't fucking believe it not a hot flash cold sweat no restlessness nada it was unreal. Zero symptoms. Maybe I got lucky.

screaming skull STAY ON THE SUBS METHADONE IS THE WORST AND NO MATTER WHAT YOUR DOSE IS IT WILL NEVER EVER BE ENOUGH!!! SUBS MUCH SAFER

Queef are you still around? I read about high dose vitc as well and wondered about it's legitimacy. Imo if there is no apparent mechanism behind the claims, it does not necessarily make it bunk. There can be downstream effects not yet realized . Double blind studies would be helpful . Please let us know how it went for you.

As someone said, too much vit c will give you diarrhea. That on top of opiate withdrawal would be pretty shitty. I think that the reports about it working could be because of a placebo effect. Iirc vit c is water soluble, so you will just piss out all the vit c your body doesn't need, but you will get some side effects cause you are still overdosing it. In our society vit c is in literally anything so maybe drink some fresh lemon juice and eat some green pepper and you will be loaded on vit c.