• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone combinations

ITz_KHAOZ

Greenlighter
Hi everyone, I have read various posts on this website for quite some time. Now for the first I will be making my own thread just to see if anyone has any input or suggestions. I have been on suboxone maintenance for about 3 months now. I am prescribed 16 mg a day except I have found that I get by perfectly with about 8 or less mg a day. I have found truth behind the whole "less is more" rule about suboxone and do not dose more then about 3 mg at a time. My girlfriend is prescribed 24mg a day but she's another story %). Like many of you know sub doctors like to over prescribe. Now since me and her started on suboxone we have managed to get a number of non-narcotic medicines prescribed between me and her. Hydroxizine, Gabapentin, Requip(Ropinirole), Amitripiline, and Trazadone are all at my disposal. I felt that those are the only one's worth mentioning for any combination potential. So whoever has had any experience with any of these along with suboxone or any input in general as to how to take them would be appreciated. I've been experementing my self but I would like to hear other peoples experiences. Thanks in advanced ;)..

Hey man.

I have been on the methadone for a long time and last year swapped to sub.

I have done quite a bit of experimenting since going on sub so I can give you my experience.

Sedating antihistamines will definitely get you a nod.
I haven't used hydroxyzine, only doxylamine and diphenhydramine but from what I have read I would expect hydroxyzine would work just as well if not better.

However while you should def get a nod I would not describe it as the cleanest combo and personally I have gone of it a bit.

Of the other meds you have listed, I have not used gabapentin but I have used lyrica/pregabolin and for me this is top of the list.

450mg of lyrica gives me an excellent high, and if you can get some diazepam then you are laughing.

From what I have read both gabapentin and lyrica are hit and miss they work for some and not for others so you'll have to see for yourself.

As lyrica is basically just a stronger version of gabapentin you will most likely have to go a bit higher than 450mg.

I have not tried any of the others you mentioned so cannot comment on them.

Hey man.

I have been on the methadone for a long time and last year swapped to sub.

I have done quite a bit of experimenting since going on sub so I can give you my experience.

Sedating antihistamines will definitely get you a nod.
I haven't used hydroxyzine, only doxylamine and diphenhydramine but from what I have read I would expect hydroxyzine would work just as well if not better.

However while you should def get a nod I would not describe it as the cleanest combo and personally I have gone of it a bit.

Of the other meds you have listed, I have not used gabapentin but I have used lyrica/pregabolin and for me this is top of the list.

450mg of lyrica gives me an excellent high, and if you can get some diazepam then you are laughing.

From what I have read both gabapentin and lyrica are hit and miss they work for some and not for others so you'll have to see for yourself.

As lyrica is basically just a stronger version of gabapentin you will most likely have to go a bit higher than 450mg.

I have not tried any of the others you mentioned so cannot comment on them.
I personally think THC is one of the best potentiators for buprenorphine.. Although if you're taking this to get clean, the "try to get high" way of thinking is part of the problem, and needs to be addressed. Be careful which substances you try to potentiate with,.. bup' might not react the same way in which other opiates do.

- Hopeless 7nos

.. Although if you're taking this to get clean, the "try to get high" way of thinking is part of the problem, and needs to be addressed.

^ Exactly^ The whole point of suboxone is to break the maladaptive behaviors that led to the addiction. However, I think we all get a bit antsy to chase a different feeling at times. I'm not shaming you, OP, just be aware of how this might play out later down the road. I would also caution that at three months out, maybe you and your girl should consider lowering your sub dosages. Plenty of people including myself have found the effects of sub are pretty much the same with less side effects at 4mg vs doses up to 32mg. Just saying.

That said, the meds you've listed are meds often given for fibro or opiate withdrawal. I don't have experience with the requip or amiptriptyline, but I do have experience with the others. Everyone's experience of drugs/meds are different, and I've found that hydroxyzine and trazodone don't do much aside from making me sleepy. There's little to no euphoria there, though I can understand how someone might find these enticing if a slow, hazy sort of mentality is the goal.
On the other hand, the gaba seems to do the opposite. It makes me feel more motivated, less inhibited and just provides an all around mood lift.

^ Exactly^ The whole point of suboxone is to break the maladaptive behaviors that led to the addiction. However, I think we all get a bit antsy to chase a different feeling at times. I'm not shaming you, OP, just be aware of how this might play out later down the road. I would also caution that at three months out, maybe you and your girl should consider lowering your sub dosages. Plenty of people including myself have found the effects of sub are pretty much the same with less side effects at 4mg vs doses up to 32mg. Just saying.

That said, the meds you've listed are meds often given for fibro or opiate withdrawal. I don't have experience with the requip or amiptriptyline, but I do have experience with the others. Everyone's experience of drugs/meds are different, and I've found that hydroxyzine and trazodone don't do much aside from making me sleepy. There's little to no euphoria there, though I can understand how someone might find these enticing if a slow, hazy sort of mentality is the goal.
On the other hand, the gaba seems to do the opposite. It makes me feel more motivated, less inhibited and just provides an all around mood lift.

This is because bupreorphine is a partial agonist, and only partially activates the receptor and at higher doses, it blocks natural endorphins from activating mu opioid receptors fully just like a full agonist luke heroin would

Thanks for the input you guys, appreciated. First I have always wanted to try pregabalin for myself but have never found a chance to experience it :(. I loved gaba up until recently when it just stopped working altogether, so i'm planning on quitting for a week or two and saving my script. Now as for the other comments, pretty much who am I going to lie and i'm an addict. I will chase the high until I myself say no more. Personally the only reason that I decided to get on Suboxone was because I was spending too much on dope. And I mean TOO MUCH, and methadone is not an option for various reasons. Mainly is that I get worse off on it then using dope to begin with. With that being said all i'm really looking for is people's experiences with suboxone and different meds.

Hello. I have been on suboxone for 9 months now. I take the pills, not the strips. I've noticed since ive been on suboxone that I am REDICULOUSLY tired all the time. Even if I go to bed early, I cannot wake up until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I am on 16mg a day. I told my doctor this recently, because I thought it was a normal side effect, and he said that is not normal. So he put me on Requip, saying it's a dopamine antagonist, and releasing dopamine might make me less tired. I haven't taken it yet for one reason. I read the insert and it said Requip can make you extremely tired. Like people were reporting they would be in the middle of having a conversation with someone or be in the middle of driving and just pass out. That's fucking scary man. If I'm already so tired from suboxone and I have low blood pressure, I'm afraid to take anything else like I'm afraid I just won't wake up again (which trust me I wouldnt mind I just don't want my mom to find me dead). Has anyone experienced this with Requip?

Thanks,

Brittany

Hello. I have been on suboxone for 9 months now. I take the pills, not the strips. I've noticed since ive been on suboxone that I am REDICULOUSLY tired all the time. Even if I go to bed early, I cannot wake up until 2 or 3 in the afternoon. I am on 16mg a day. I told my doctor this recently, because I thought it was a normal side effect, and he said that is not normal. So he put me on Requip, saying it's a dopamine antagonist, and releasing dopamine might make me less tired. I haven't taken it yet for one reason. I read the insert and it said Requip can make you extremely tired. Like people were reporting they would be in the middle of having a conversation with someone or be in the middle of driving and just pass out. That's fucking scary man. If I'm already so tired from suboxone and I have low blood pressure, I'm afraid to take anything else like I'm afraid I just won't wake up again (which trust me I wouldnt mind I just don't want my mom to find me dead). Has anyone experienced this with Requip?

Thanks,

Brittany

The problem is you are on way too high a dose of suboxone.. How bad was your addiction? I've known 20 year heroin addicts that are fine of 2mg of suboxone. Doctors WAY over-prescribe it. Prescribing a second medication instead of lowering the dose sounds pretty stupid to me.

I sent u a PM, maybe it will help I've been in the same boat taking Subutex pills not Suboxone strips and the tiredness I had was unbelievable but my whole body clock was off not being able to go to sleep until like 5 in the morning so I tried to counteract it with Xanax and Flexeril. I don't know I guess read my message and maybe it will help a little

I was a h addict, snort not shoot, for 2 years, I was pretty bad though, did about 6 to 7 grams a day. Got an inheritance of $150,000 and spent it on dope in 8 months