• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids SUBOXONE?.?.? Any information would be greatly appreciated!.!.!.!

Deicide1212

Bluelighter
I have been snorting Hydromorphone, on and off, for just over six years. I can not seem to stay off of them, no matter how many times I go through withdrawals. I have never taken any kind of deterrent (Methadone, suboxone...etc...) I HAVE to stop the Hydros, one way, or another. My doctor recommended Suboxone. I am wondering what it is like, if it has helped anyone and just any first hand information, anyone might have. I started taking the Hydros due to chronic back pain, and eventually surgery. My Doctor says the suboxone, will still work as a painkiller, as well. I am skeptical. Thanks for the help, everyone.

from my experience with suboxone it was not a very effective pain reliever. but for me was very effective in getting me off hydromorphone and fentanyl.

Most people don't think suboxone is an adequate painkiller. Methadone is much more effective in that regard. That said, if your only issue is wanting to get clean from opioids, suboxone works well in that regard. But if you need something to continue to be an effective analgesic, you might need to go the methadone route.

I know a lot of people have success with subs, but my experience has always been different, I would get clean on subs for a period of time and always relapse, I think it’s cause subs will give you that faint feeling of a high and eventually you will crack and want the full effect, actually I don’t personally know anyone who has been successful in staying away from dope with subs…poppy pods however have been the most promising for me, I did relapse for about a week but there were circumstances involved so whatever, pods work great for pain too, just a thought

I have had a lot of success with subs... Have done proper heroin/fent once since the beginning of 2020, and that was a total mistake, plus I was on subs at the time and barely felt it. Don't really plan on going back to it either. And I had a pretty bad habit for two full years prior to quitting.

I have had a lot of success with subs... Have done proper heroin/fent once since the beginning of 2020, and that was a total mistake, plus I was on subs at the time and barely felt it. Don't really plan on going back to it either. And I had a pretty bad habit for two full years prior to quitting.
That’s awesome, I’m sure it works for people, just was never was I experienced or saw

Methadone is a very effective pain reliever and it even reported continues to work effectively as a pain reliever once you get used to the high, which removes the need to keep raising the dose. It also seems to keep people satisfied from wanting to seek stronger opioids much better than suboxone. However it does have some downsides, namely, decreases testosterone over time much more than other opioids. And of course it's a very powerful full agonist opioid so you're not going to be clean from opioids, you just will be on a government/doctor sanctioned one that won't destroy your finances or expose you to the risk of black market dealings.

You will experience horrific withdrawals for a long time if you want to stop, but a slow taper will eliminate most of that. of course, you'll have trouble when you jump off even if you taper very low first. But the same is true of suboxone, you'll experience very long lasting, bad withdrawals.

Since you're treating for pain I would think methadone would be a better option. But suboxone does work for some people. It just usually isn't reported to be a great painkiller, since it is a partial agonist vs the full agonism of hydromorphone and methadone (and other strong opiates).

Also induction onto suboxone is more difficult as you have to be in full withdrawal or else you'll experience precipitated withdrawal, and also there will be a period of time when suboxone doesn't make you feel very good, until you get past the acute addiction period from the hydromorphone. Methadone will not have this problem and will fully prevent you from feeling bad from the beginning.

Methadone is a very effective pain reliever and it even reported continues to work effectively as a pain reliever once you get used to the high, which removes the need to keep raising the dose. It also seems to keep people satisfied from wanting to seek stronger opioids much better than suboxone. However it does have some downsides, namely, decreases testosterone over time much more than other opioids. And of course it's a very powerful full agonist opioid so you're not going to be clean from opioids, you just will be on a government/doctor sanctioned one that won't destroy your finances or expose you to the risk of black market dealings.

You will experience horrific withdrawals for a long time if you want to stop, but a slow taper will eliminate most of that. of course, you'll have trouble when you jump off even if you taper very low first. But the same is true of suboxone, you'll experience very long lasting, bad withdrawals.

Since you're treating for pain I would think methadone would be a better option. But suboxone does work for some people. It just usually isn't reported to be a great painkiller, since it is a partial agonist vs the full agonism of hydromorphone and methadone (and other strong opiates).

Also induction onto suboxone is more difficult as you have to be in full withdrawal or else you'll experience precipitated withdrawal, and also there will be a period of time when suboxone doesn't make you feel very good, until you get past the acute addiction period from the hydromorphone. Methadone will not have this problem and will fully prevent you from feeling bad from the beginning.
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Methadone scares me a little bit. Everyone I know, who has started Methadone, is still on it. Some of the people I know, have been on it for years. Is there a reson for that. I would like to eventually, stop taking everything.

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. Methadone scares me a little bit. Everyone I know, who has started Methadone, is still on it. Some of the people I know, have been on it for years. Is there a reson for that. I would like to eventually, stop taking everything.
It's just very effective as a replacement for opioids. Many people stay on it long term, as a means to not go back to heroin. And like xork said, the withdrawals are a bear. But as long as you taper it effectively, you can get off of it. It's at least easier to taper down than heroin/fent.

Those long half life opiates are hard to jump from, I mean if you think about it most people get on sub to get out of withdrawal but in doing so are taking a drug that will have a longer withdrawal so it makes it very easy for an addict to justify going back to heroin cause it’s a shorter withdrawal, and on and on, most people who I know who have successfully kicked dope don’t take anything, they wanted to quit and just went through it. But if you are in chronic pain you might benefit from being on it for life to manage your pain

The very long half life opiates are easier to taper and stay on a consistent dose, but yeah when you finally jump off, the withdrawals are super long.

I can confirm the pattern of rationalizing going back to short acting opiates because of the shorter withdrawal, then going back again to long acting ones because it's easier to taper... ad infinitum.

The very long half life opiates are easier to taper and stay on a consistent dose, but yeah when you finally jump off, the withdrawals are super long.

I can confirm the pattern of rationalizing going back to short acting opiates because of the shorter withdrawal, then going back again to long acting ones because it's easier to taper... ad infinitum.
It’s a carousel Iv been on many times

Yeah there is a reason. It’s fucking killer!! Lol The best most underrated pain pill there is!! IMO, and most people I know feel the same!

I know a guy who has pain it helps him former opiate addict only because his doctor gave him opiates for pain he took them as prescribed and developed an addiction eventually