• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and withdrawals

maddox311

Greenlighter
I have just have a quick question, not sure if it has been covered in the past but I could not find any past information.

My question is when SWIM wakes up and starts his induction with suboxone on day 1, then hours later still feels bad and decides to use heroin. Knowing that SWIM will not get the full effect goes ahead which takes the edge off but not fully normal and does more thereafter then feels normal. Now here?s my question for SWIM, the next day will he still be at the very beginning again when taking suboxone or did the suboxone block all, most, or part of the heroin use to where day 2 won?t be nearly as bad after taking suboxone ? And also if SWIM would repeat process of day 1 using again on day 2 after taking suboxone if the day 3 will be gradually get better and feel somewhat normal for the opiates being blocked for 2 or days ? If anyone understands what I am getting at and has any insight or knowledge on this please share.

Hey man. You really should have nothing to worry about, as you're following a course of treatment that would be considered typical. The nature of these maintenance programs is such that they cannot give dosages upon induction that would be potentially harmful to someone not dependent upon Opioids. As you might expect, there are folks who are really not dependent upon Opioids or maybe take a couple of Percocet a day and think they need maintenance because the for-pay clinic told them so.

Anyway, it's pretty common to keep using the first few days until you are on a standard dose. You shouldn't feel bad or worried over it. It's pretty normal and your induction should proceed successfully. Within a few days, you will feel like you can stay away from the dope without being sick. Keep us posted man and my mailbox is always open.