• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone and tolerance

bipolar-sunshine

Bluelighter
Hi guys! I've been a long time lurker, first time posting though.
Anyway, my question is does Suboxone do anything with your tolerance? Like for example, swim took a holiday from all of the other opiates she was using and switched to subs instead. Used them for about 3 months before taking a week and a half off (worst wd everrrr) and then went to buy her usual 60 mg roxy but it had no effect like it did before. Sorry if this is worded weird, It's quite late. Anyone have any ideas? :?

depending on tolerance and dose, it will boost your tolerance up like crazy. You might even have to wait longer for it all to leave your system. Be careful and apways start your dose out low until you know what yoir tolerance is like after it has all left your system. When you are on maintenance you aren't getting high but your still have an opioid sitting on your opioid receptors so it doesn't do well for tolerance.

I only take subs rarely now as I have worried for a long time that they increased tolerance so I avoid them unless if I can't find anything else. My doc is Roxy as stated earlier. I bought some of the blues last night (60mg) and felt nothing....

nspd --> od

we don't SWIM here, and as stated before, it depends greatly on your does of suboxone, if you are taking 8mg or more a day it will probably raise your tolerance a lot, also bupe has a real long half life compared to other opioids so it will continue to reduce the effects of other opiates for up to 48hr or more after taking subs.

But what about long term? Like if I used subs for a few months then took about 2 weeks off from them and then started again?\

It's now been 5 months since I last took a sub and I still feel like I can't feel anything when I take opiates.

2 weeks isn't very long at all, actually. Chances are some amount of tolerance will remain after that. Honestly, tolerance never goes away entirely, and even when i does reduce it's a long time scale to do so - and having had tolerance develop actually seems to predispose you to developing tolerance again more rapidly when you use opioids again.

It depends a lot on what opiates you're trying though, at what doses, and under what circumstances. It is incredibly unlikely for (blanket statement) opioids to have no effect at all even after Suboxone therapy. What have you tried, and at what doses?

There's a novelty aspect to consider too - people generally respond more intensely to new experiences, drugs included. So even if the opioids produce effects in your body, you may not associate that with euphoria/good times. They aren't guaranteed euphoriants under every circumstance, despite popular belief.

I was overprescribed Suboxone 32mg/day for a 90mg opiate usage and I was on the subs for 1 year. I tapered down myself and let me tell you the HORROR I EXPERIENCED...

The withdrawals from Suboxone were by far the worst I've ever had from any drug by about 25x in my estimate. Keep in mind I went from 32mg per day to 4 over a 3 month period as prescribed by a new doctor.

I'll never forget the day(s).

Symptoms:

1. Total body restlessness for 3-5 days. Literally went insane flailing every limb and digit in my bed VIOLENTLY. Creepy crawly discomfort to the highest degree.
2. MASSIVE MIGRAINES on every part of my skull.
3. Nausea
4. Insomnia for 10 days
5. Psychosis from the above symptoms
6. Totally dysfunctional.

So I studied it and found out that Subs bind to your R-opiod receptors with a binding affinity close to 100x stronger than any opiate. I wanted to kill the Dr. who overprescribed this. If I stopped Cold Turkey I think I would have offed myself.

As far as tolerance goes it's really hard to overdose on pills or tabs for opiods or opiod related remedies. Subs just gave me a very strong buzz and extreme dizziness. They really messed up my equilibrium.

If I could go back in time I would have never ever taken Suboxone at ANY dosage. I remember thinking during the Sub WDs that I would rather go cold turkey off opiates.

WDs from Opiates suck but personally WDs from Subs was 100x worse.

I would never recommend Subs to ANYONE. maybe 4mg a day for a week if your opiate use is over 120mg a day but DO NOT STAY on SUBS for longer than a month and whatever your Dr. tells you to take, try taking HALF of that and see if it helps your WDs. If it does take THAT dosage.

SUB WDs was the worst 2 weeks of my life and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It's a miracle I survived it. Worst part was NOTHING helped with any of the symptoms, NOTHING. The only thing that was gonna help the symptoms was DEATH or being knocked unconscious.

Oh I misunderstood your initial question....after about 60 days completely drug free I took opiates and it was just as good as the first time. =)

depending on tolerance and dose, it will boost your tolerance up like crazy. You might even have to wait longer for it all to leave your system. Be careful and apways start your dose out low until you know what yoir tolerance is like after it has all left your system. When you are on maintenance you aren't getting high but your still have an opioid sitting on your opioid receptors so it doesn't do well for tolerance.

I don't dose bupe hard .. I dose it minimally (it wears off like twice a day) but I've managed huge tolerance resets using it. Granted I was going from fent habits .. but even after 4 days of bupe at ever decreasing doses I'd be down to 2mg bupe / day (with no real severe WD discomfort) and could go back to smoking H after a short term fent tolerance where smoking 1/2g of decent H in five minutes would have left me thinking .. what the fuck was that.

The problem is likely in the large doses of bupe .. often used to discourage people from getting high while using it. I suspect they ratchet your tolerance to all hell. I always induce on 6mg (doesn't matter what habit I have .. 6mg is enough ) and ratchet it down as fast as possible.

In the US it is absolutely practice to overprescribe to lock your receptors hard and assure no other opioid (save the deadly F) is really gunna cut through IME. I have quit going back and forth and basically submitted. However if you stay at a quarter which isnt too hard at 24 hours your pretty much good to go. a quarter = 2mg bupe.