• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Tapering Suboxone and running long distances

reasoni

Bluelighter
I used to run marathons and ultras and actually did a before I relapsed a month later. Fast forward: I got on Suboxone a few years ago and I could no longer run more than a half Marathon. Has anyone been able to run a Marathon or ultra taking Suboxone? I think it attacks the muscles around 8-10 miles but I can’t find anything to support this theory.

Opioids definitely are going to reduce performance, particularly high level endurance like a marathon.

If you're able to switch to kratom from suboxone, I find it actually boosts my running performance. However I'm a low level casual runner and usually only do 5k with the occasional 10k, nothing like a marathon. I am unsure how it might impact a marathon.

Kratom is a stimulant with pro adrenic properties which I attribute this to, on top of it's opioid properties. It feels like I have my 2nd wind from the beginning of the run, and boosts the natural 2nd wind.

opioids definitely drop endurance/testosterone etc. there's just no two ways about it. especially chronic use.

Opioids definitely are going to reduce performance, particularly high level endurance like a marathon.

If you're able to switch to kratom from suboxone, I find it actually boosts my running performance. However I'm a low level casual runner and usually only do 5k with the occasional 10k, nothing like a marathon. I am unsure how it might impact a marathon.

Kratom is a stimulant with pro adrenic properties which I attribute this to, on top of it's opioid properties. It feels like I have my 2nd wind from the beginning of the run, and boosts the natural 2nd wind.
I just want to make a distinction here, everyday opioid use/dependence will definitely hinder endurance running performance, but acute use at the proper dose could be a PED, hence why they are banned in competition.

I just want to make a distinction here, everyday opioid use/dependence will definitely hinder endurance running performance, but acute use at the proper dose could be a PED, hence why they are banned in competition.
Very true ive run some of my fastest and longest times when being a casual opiate user - all went to shit with chronic use.