• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Suboxone and Oxycodone

eatsapizzaboy

Greenlighter
If I have been on Suboxone for like 2 years, what would happen if I took a 5 mg oxycodone at the same time? Is there any risk of PW?

If I have been on Suboxone for like 2 years, what would happen if I took a 5 mg oxycodone at the same time? Is there any risk of PW?
Ud orolly feel nothing, the suboxone overpowers the 5mg oxy. Ud have to stop using suboxone like 3 days to actually feel something from other opiates, your opioid receptors are saturated with the shit.

It depends on your dose of suboxone but unless you're taking like <1mg/day or something, you'll probably feel nothing at all from 5mg oxycodone. It's better saved for when you're off of the subs.

If you're taking 8mg/day then I think it would take more than three days for subs to leave your system. Maybe more like a week but I'm not really sure on that one.

It depends on your dose of suboxone but unless you're taking like <1mg/day or something, you'll probably feel nothing at all from 5mg oxycodone. It's better saved for when you're off of the subs.

If you're taking 8mg/day then I think it would take more than three days for subs to leave your system. Maybe more like a week but I'm not really sure on that one.
I worked at a MAT clinic, the Dr suggested 10 days, 7 if it warranted it.

The phenomenon of precipitated withdrawal does not work both ways. A person dependent upon Opioids who then takes Buprenorphine or any other antagonist for that matter is liable to experience precipitated withdrawal. An individual who is dependent upon Buprenorphine who then takes an Opioid, in this case Oxycodone, will have that Opioid blocked by the Buprenorphine. This is a big part of why Buprenorphine is utilized as it is.