• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

suboxone and oxycodone

Lynn1981

Greenlighter
So I know a friend who takes Subs. She wanted to know if she took 45mg Oxycodone after taking an 8mg sub around 5am, would she feel any effects? I'm not sure so I said I would ask because info online is sort of limited.
If she didn't take her sub first thing and just took the Oxy, would she feel it then? I'm not sure why she wants to do this as the subs work fine for her.
Anyway, I'm new so I'm sorry if this has been repeated.

Probably not fully why do people take suboxone when they are not going to stick to it your just setting yourself up I guess drugs make us do stupid things

She should wait at least 18hours to get a little something warm and fuzzy. But 24-36 is more ideal and result in a much stronger effect. It also depends on the amount of Bupe she is using because it will be an enormous factor. A light enough dose and she will most definetly receive noteworthy results.

Do you happen to know the specific amount?

She said she only takes 8 mg a day. I don't know why she suddenly wants to experiment.

8mgs is a pretty signifant dose but if she can give it 24 hours it would definetly give a buzz. But when she goes back to taking Bupe she is gonna have to wait until withdrawals begin before taking Suboxone again. It will prevent the Bupe from causing precipitated WD to take place.

She can get it off if she times everything properly but should also be wary of flipping the switch. It may cause her to stop wanting to be on maintenance, tell her to tred carefully it's a slippery slope.

Best of luck and stay safe.
~Charlie

Thank you very much. I appreciate your feedback and I'll let her know.