• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone and Fentanyl Cracked

11Ghost11

Greenlighter
Well i have been reading so much on these forums and search engines alike. i have been reading carefully trying to determine the adequate amount of time between switching from suboxone to fentanyl patches (administered via mouth) and vice versa from fentanyl to suboxone. The fentanly is always a mylan 50, in which a 50 lasts 10 days, or is cut into 10 strips, where one is used a day. When I take suboxone, it's only 1/3 of an 8Mg strip a day, all of which is taken orally.

The point I am trying to get at is that if I take less than 3mg's of suboxone a day, I can safely take fentanly anywhere from 6-12 hours after taking suboxone, and the same goes for the situation being completely backwards. I took a strip of fent 8 hours after the last sub dose was administered, and I felt it fully. And when I ran out of fent, I took the las last strip of Fent at 10 in the morning, and 6 hours later I took a third of a suboxone strip and felt just great. I get high off small amounts of suboxone, but situations caused the local price of subs to increase to [NO PRICES] making patches cheaper and worth the money as MY tolerance is so low. But safely I can take either or in the same day if your threshold is low and I only take minimal amounts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have learned through many grueling years of opiate addiction that with subs, less is more. I was always told this but never thought that could be true. I used to actually feel better when i take 1/4 of a strip than when i take a whole strip. Subs are rising in price, mostly due to insurance not wanting to cover/ cover less of the cost. As many know subs are very pricey without insurance and there is no generic form yet. This is a true dilemma for people that actually want to enter recovery. I have been on subs as well as methadone. I don't believe methadone is a proper treatment since you can still use while on methadone and it is also and opiod and highly addictive. Subs are a much better option because although there is bupe in a sub the naloxone makes it to where if you use while on subs, you go straight into withdrawal. The problem is subs are much harder to get ahold of and if you don't have insurance street prices are absurd. (I hope i am not violating the rules since i am not mentioning actual prices, please correct me if i am wrong)

-opiophile72p

The instant withdrawal statement is absolutely false for oral administration It may work for iv but I've never had the paws from it

The instant withdrawal statement is absolutely false for oral administration It may work for iv but I've never had the paws from it

I know this is an old post, but I need to correct this in case someone stumbles on this thread.

It's dangerous and stupid to post something like that based only on your personal experiences. Just google precipitated withdrawal, do you think all of these people are making it up?

Precipitated withdrawal is absolutely real(and worse than you could possibly imagine). I went through it weeks ago and I'm still traumatized. I used to think I was immune to it or something, I'd get high before bed and pop a sub in the morning and be good to go. That is until one time where it didn't work.

To anyone reading this thinking they're immune to precipitated withdrawal, just know that you're rolling the dice, one of these times you're going to get it.

This isn't really that surprising since fentanyl probably has (next to buprenorphine) the strongest binding affinity of the available narcotics used in the US for pain management. Not only that but you're taking 3mg which isn't really a blocking dose, and it's also not surprising that you can take the subs 8 hours after the fentanyl since fentanyl is such an extremely short acting opioid.

There is some misunderstood information about the way suboxone works.

If you're on a suboxone regimen at sub-4mg doses you can break through and get high intermittently but there's no other opioid that will kick suboxone out of the receptors, so when the fent wears away from the still available receptors (due to a low dose of bupe) there's still bupe hanging around which will gladly join hands with another round of bupe.

Such is not the case during 'induction' when a user switches to bupe for the first time.

The only risk with taking fentanyl after taking suboxone is that the fentanyl won't be effective, however fentanyl just happens to be powerful enough to break through sub 4mg bupe doses.

Don't think you tolerance is low, because it is high. You may be taking relatively small dosages but you're using the strongest opioids in the world, it's a world away from popping a vicoden.