• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Suboxone after Short Acting Opiate

Mattattoo6

Greenlighter
Hey, guys. Long time lurker. New member. I have been battling opiate addiction for years now, usually around 50-75mg Hydro or Oxycodone per day. I've been off the pain meds and on suboxone for about a year. Well, I ran out of my last strip yesterday. So today, I took 3x 7.5mg hydro's at 12:00pm noon to curb withdrawl when I got to the tattoo shop. Now, its 8pm. And I came across a few sub's, I was wondering, with a short acting opiate like Vic, would it be safe to take a sub ( 3mg ) now, 8hrs after taking 22.5mg of hydro without going into prec WD? I know most people say 24hrs, but I was figuring most of those people are taking stronger, longer lasting opiates. I'm starting to get the nose running, irrability etc. But don't want to experience precip WD. Any help will be appreciated. Its been 24hrs since my last 4mg sub dose, and 8hrs since my 22.5mg hydro dose. ( first non sub dose in a long time )

Hey, guys. Long time lurker. New member. I have been battling opiate addiction for years now, usually around 50-75mg Hydro or Oxycodone per day. I've been off the pain meds and on suboxone for about a year. Well, I ran out of my last strip yesterday. So today, I took 3x 7.5mg hydro's at 12:00pm noon to curb withdrawl when I got to the tattoo shop. Now, its 8pm. And I came across a few sub's, I was wondering, with a short acting opiate like Vic, would it be safe to take a sub ( 3mg ) now, 8hrs after taking 22.5mg of hydro without going into prec WD? I know most people say 24hrs, but I was figuring most of those people are taking stronger, longer lasting opiates. I'm starting to get the nose running, irrability etc. But don't want to experience precip WD. Any help will be appreciated. Its been 24hrs since my last 4mg sub dose, and 8hrs since my 22.5mg hydro dose. ( first non sub dose in a long time )
You will be fine. Antagonist in Suboxone will still be blocking opiate.
I don't think they help sub withdrawal

I don't think you would have any problems. You are dependent on opioids are you admitted, but it's always best to be safe just in case, 24 hours is really not that long, especially for a pretty low tolerance like the one you have.

Also, buprenorphine a.k.a. Suboxone has very long half-life so it would take a few days to really go into withdrawal from that, just FYI for future notice. And lastly, with the tolerance you have and I say this with most, unless they have very very large tolerance, you really do not need that much suboxone. Honestly 0.5mg or less would easily hold you over. Suboxone is way over-prescribed, and cutting it down is pretty easy, until you get down to the really small amounts at least.

Anyways, wait 24 hours is my advice. Don't risk it. Precipitated withdrawals is something you NEVER want to go through ever.