• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Suboxone acid and teeth?

Man67

Bluelighter
Apparently Suboxone acid is ruining your teeth on the long run. Half an hour after my dose I use the alcohol based Listerine to properly clean my mouth. Is that enough? Somebody said that brushing (immediately after dose) is not a good idea. Any advice from someone with the healthy teeth and long use of Subs?

Wash your teeth before The dose. Drink plenty of water immediately after taking it. Usually suboxone do not corrose teeth very bad but it can happen in a long term if not payed extra attention of getting rid of the fluid with water after taking subs.

Wash your teeth before The dose. Drink plenty of water immediately after taking it. Usually suboxone do not corrose teeth very bad but it can happen in a long term if not payed extra attention of getting rid of the fluid with water after taking subs.
Thanks for the tip. I drink a bit of water before taking Suboxone and take another gulp when the film dissolves. I use mouthwash and a chewing gum a bit later. It says on the instructions "don't eat or drink anything half an hour before and after taking Suboxone". That's a bit confusing, because everyone keeps telling me that I rinse my mouth immediately after taking the dose. Should I follow their instructions or users advice? 🤔

I would definitely rinse your mouth with water and use a waterpik if you have one
follow that up with biotine
stay away from mouthwash with alcohol it
the advice to not brush immediately after was accurate wait a half hour and then brush
if you brush too soon after anything acidic or after throwing up you brush away your enamel

Suboxone and Oral Health​

As Suboxone is taken as a film that dissolves in the mouth, it can impact the mouth. Since the drug is acidic, it increases the production of acids in the mouth. This can cause teeth erosion.

The listed side effects related to oral health include dry mouth, numb mouth, redness in the mouth, and painful tongue. None of the listed side effects are about teeth. However, oral and gum health can directly impact dental health. For example, dry mouth can make teeth more vulnerable to bacteria and decay.

Thanks a lot for the advice. I thought that mouthwash with alcohol is a more effective in getting rid of the acid than the regular one? 🤔

Thanks a lot for the advice. I thought that mouthwash with alcohol is a more effective in getting rid of the acid than the regular one? 🤔
No it doesn’t but I understand why you thought that the, just finish the bottle and make the next bottle alcohol free
the alcohol also dries out your mouth and the tissues in the mouth which suboxone already gives people dry mouth so using a non alcohol mouthwash will be better because your saliva is the main protector for your teeth against decay
they have a lot of great alcohol free mouthwashes I like the Crest pro health it’s just personal preference I look for one that keeps plaque away and is ant-gingivitis

you don’t really need mouthwash but I like it

they have a lot of enamel protecting toothpastes as well that could help I don’t really know if they are better or if it just a marketing thing

Like Jane said, dry mouth = bad, so up your h2o intake in general, which is hard to do with this dang medicine due to being told to not drink for an hour after or so.

Like Jane said, dry mouth = bad, so up your h2o intake in general, which is hard to do with this dang medicine due to being told to not drink for an hour after or so.
About 1/2 hour after the dose I rinse my mouth with the mouthwash. Does it make any sense?

Anyone have any updates?
I'm going to sue the shit outta them.
I have been doing some research and Bupe messes with the liver as well.
I'm thinking it may go deeper than acidity .

Anyone have any updates?
I'm going to sue the shit outta them.
I have been doing some research and Bupe messes with the liver as well.
I'm thinking it may go deeper than acidity .
Messes with the brain as well.