• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone 8mg wuestion

Jessij86

Greenlighter
I take opana 10 mg twice a day and have for 3 years. I injured my ribs 3 weeks ago. I also take 90 5 mg Percocet for breakthrough pain. Needless to say the Percs only lasted for 11 days (took too many bc I was in a lot of pain) I only have 4 opana left and don't get to see doctor until next Monday the 27 my pills r not due to be filled until the 30th bc of July 4th holiday. I got 2 duragesic patches from a friend and 2 8 mg Suboxone film from another friend. When should I quit the opana? I don't want to go into withdraw,,,it's so mistral! . Any suggestions would be fantastic. I've taken duragesic and they work ok but never taken Suboxone

The fentanyl patches are meant to last 72 hours. That should keep you from being sick but you did not say what dosage the patches are. Those should hold you until you are able to fill your prescription without suboxone.

(Homeless ------ > BDD)

Yeah I wouldn't switch to subs. You have to wait until you're already in w/d, and then depending on how much you take you'll not only blockade your receptors, but also boost your tolerance (bupe is very strong despite being a partial agonist/modulator).

I agree w/ just sticking a fent patch on. It should keep you well until Monday. Save the subs for when you're ready to quit, that's their best use.

Yeah I agree with the above posters, try to avoid taking the suboxone! They won't do squat for your pain, and could potentially put you into precip' withdrawal. Try to cut down on what you have left, as much as possible, then switch to the patches, they usually last a day or two at least.

- Hopeless 7nos