• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxone 2mg. How bad is it if at all?

Opi_Kid_Rock

Bluelighter
Got admitted into an Institution and they got me on 2mg Suboxone for my joint / muscle pain and initially wet stools. My question is since they told me 2mg is the lowest and they cannot administer 1mg to me, I asked them to let me go to zero milligrams, they said no on my program I should keep taking 2mg regularly for the moment. How bad are the withdrawals from 2mg dose if any?

Well that's only their medical advice. They cant force you to take medication that you dont want unless you're there under section.
Do you mean theyre prescribing you 2mg? And won't prescribe less? Are you there for pain only and not due to opiate addiction?

I’m here for opioid addiction. It’s a psych-ward / rehab combination of a place that I’m in and so they suggest that I take it for my “recovery” while taking an antidepressant

That's pretty cool that they let you use Bluelight at your program haha. Mine is the same way. If you do a little digging, you can read some funny stories that I've posted from the Brattleboro Retreat while completely out of my mind on the drugs they were giving me along with the ones I brought in. If I ever went again, I'm confident that I could smuggle my dab pen in, but I'm seriously digressing here.

Nobody can make you take medication, unless you're at some black site in Belarus or something, but I figure if you were at a black site, they probably wouldn't let you talk to us :(

What is your question exactly? If it's "what does withdrawal feel like" we are not capable of actually enabling you to experience the same sensations that we have previously experience. It is simply not possible in the world we live in. I can tell you that Opioid withdrawal is typically unpleasant, definitely, but you can withdraw from the medication at a reasonable rate if you choose to remain on it, so don't worry too much about that.

With all of this in mind, what exactly would you like help with?

Will I experience withdrawal from 2mg Suboxone daily dose?

And digression continued, I’m on an outing pass accompanied by a family member so that I don’t go AWOL but yes, I’m allowed to use my phone on all passes accompanied as well as unaccompanied :) All sorts of different substance users on my floor; it’s kind of interesting actually.

Yes, relative to the dose and time spent on it. In basic terms, you shouldn't expect anything to severe upon cessation, but it really depends upon how long you're on it guy. If someone is on 2mg Buprenorphine for a decade, it's going to be a fairly trying process getting off of it. Interestingly enough, the maintenance dosages for Buprenorphine are actually substantially higher than those that would be used for analgesia alone.

You are getting involved with a powerful Opioid. How difficult the process will ultimately be will be dependent upon many factors, the biggest of which is the size of your balls. Some people can handle sickness with relative ease, while others will be found sobbing uncontrollably in the corner asking for their Mothers.