• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Suboxine detox.. help!

Roxie82

Greenlighter
This is the first time I’ve officially posted here, even though I’ve been reading these threads for years. I’ll try and make this short and sweet! Its been about 6 years of pain pills, to shooting heroin, to methadone clinic and lastly suboxine. I’m on day 8 of detox from subs and still struggling like hell! Still sweating, body feels heavy, I don’t want to get up, restless.. im starting to break. I just need to know that this will be over soon! I’ve been taking tramadol all week to help but I’m worried about feeling withdrawals from that as well... if that’s even a thing. Oh and I got down to 4mg/3 quarters a day and then for a week I was only taking 1-2mg subs a day. Please give me a timeline of how much longer or anything I can do to help ease this hell. Thank you!!

Hey Roxie and we're happy you finally decided to spring for your Union Card. With it comes all of the benefits of being a lurker with the added benefit of contribution. You have two choices in this situation. We can help you ether way.

Door #1 - You acquire a single strip of Buprenorphine. For our purposes it could be as small as a 4mg but get an 8 if you can just in case. We're gonna re-establish you on a small amount of Buprenorphine. I'm not judging your intelligence, but judging by the fact that you misspelled Suboxone (Buprenorphine/Naloxone), I'm assuming you are relatively new to all of this. Once you have the Buprenorphine, we're going to try a Microdosing taper.

Door #2 - We continue your protracted withdrawal syndrome as it is and try to figure out how to get you into some medication to help you detox

I believe option one to be the most likely to succeed and it's also simpler than the first, especially for someone relatively new to this process. Let me know what you want to do and myself and others will swoop in.

Thanks for responding back to me. I have a full prescription of “suboxone” in my purse lol but there is no way I’m taking one. I’ve went threw 8 days of hell and I don’t want to start over. I’m there mentally, I just need my body to catch up. I heard tramadol and gabapentin works and I have both.. so far tramadol has helped the best. It kind of sounds like I’m no where hear the end of this? Please tell me I’m taking your post the wrong way.

I admire your resolve madam. Stop taking the Tramadol (Ultram). you are reintroducing Opioid agonists into your system and you will potentially extend this process significantly by doing so. Taking Tramadol is actually, probably worse than just taking the Buprenorphine in microdoses. It sucks that you didn't write sooner. If you've only taken it one or two times it shouldn't be to crazy a set-back.

You're in luck, because while I would recommend a cocktail of 2-3 different drugs, either Pregabalin (Lyrica) or Gabapentin (Neurontin) are definitely at the top of the list. It's not a guarantee, because a fairly small cohort seem to be non-responsive to the positive aspects of what are called Gabapentinoids. We can start by trying the Gabapentin (Neurontin). I have a feeling this will be sufficient to get you over this hump. If that's not the case, we will proceed in another direction.

Take 300mg or so with a high fat meal and then repeat the process every 45 minutes until you begin to feel relief. I have a tried and true method of maximizing bioavailabilty that others have had success with. Eat a small amount of peanut butter, olive oil or whatever with a little milk each time you dose. A high-lipid environment can greatly increase bioavailability.

Let me know!

Im sorry it took me so long to respond back to you, I was currently living in hell. I did listen to every word you said and things are finally turning around for me. I can’t say I’m 100% but I’m no where near where I was. I’m literally taking it hour by hour and step by step right now. I’m on day 12 and I never thought I would be able to say that. I just wanted to say thank you for helping me. With my addiction, I ended up isolating myself and all I really had was my mom to turn too. So to have that one person, which was you, to help turn me in the right direction was everything. I don’t know what you do for a living but this is your calling. I wish I knew you in real life to be able to have you there when I need you lol thank you again for everything!

That's our Keif' <3

It's wonderful to hear things are turning around for you Roxie. Not that things won't still be difficult adjusting to life without opioids, but the rewards of being clean can lead to a much better quality of life, which you deserve.
Feel free to update us / @Keif' Richards on how things are going, or even just stop by for support. If you'd like to see how some others have made their way off opioids and on on to better, healthier lives, we have the Health & Recovery forum as well.

Keep Up the Good Fight! :)