• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sublocade

jz1276

Greenlighter
I found a doctor in my area that does the sublicade shots and have an appointment in 2 days. I understand Sublocade is just extended release Bupinephrine with no Naloxone. If this is true what stops people from taking opiates after they get this shot? I thought Naloxone was the opiate blocker and Bupinephrine is a partial opiate antagonist.
Also, do I need to be on Suboxone in order to get this shot? Even though I have many years experience with Suboxone I am not currently taking it nor do I currently have a prescription. Thanks guys.

You need to be on a buprenorphine containing medication for at least a week prior to the injection.

Didn't the doctor tell you this 🤔

I didn't speak to the doctor, spoke to the receptionist. Anyway, could you answer the second part of my question? Thanks.

I found a doctor in my area that does the sublicade shots and have an appointment in 2 days. I understand Sublocade is just extended release Bupinephrine with no Naloxone. If this is true what stops people from taking opiates after they get this shot? I thought Naloxone was the opiate blocker and Bupinephrine is a partial opiate antagonist.
Also, do I need to be on Suboxone in order to get this shot? Even though I have many years experience with Suboxone I am not currently taking it nor do I currently have a prescription. Thanks guys.
Thats a pretty common misconception. The naloxone is only there to prevent misuse. Bupe binds more strongly than pretty much any other mu agonist, although it only binds partially. This means it will replace any other agonist such as heroin or phent and once it on it can't be removed. It puts you in precip because it's only a partial agonist. It doesn't fully engage the receptor. Just enough to kill cravings for the most part

Naloxone in Suboxone does nothing. It was a marketing technique for anti abuse and push to get it approved and marketed as less abusable

Bupe is the reason you go into precipitated withdrawal not naloxone, bupe has strong affinity to brain receptors than any other full agonist opioid and will send you into withdrawal.

They want you to take Suboxone prior to ensure you haven’t been using other opioids in which the shot could likely kill you if you were on fentanyl or heroin prior to injection.

I know naloxone is ineffective because I’ve shot many Suboxone and so have others. The notion it causes withdrawal or issues is nonsense.

I’ve done subutex too it will also send you into precipitated withdrawal with no naloxone in it, further proving the point.

You won’t be able to get high on sublocade similar to vivitrol most effects will be blocked and if you do enough opioids to override it you will likely overdose and die