• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

sublocade... just not doing it?

Pickledlemons

Bluelighter
I've been on this since last thursday. The first 2-3 days I felt fine, pretty good actually but its been pretty much downhill since then ( its wednesday today)... I feel totally restless, yawny, watery eyes, but the worst of it is being unable to focus. And I really need to able to focus right now as I should be job hunting.

I should say, I can tell its at least doing something because I can sleep at night and I'm not shitting my guts outs... but every other part of my body is screaming out for my bupe... and my heads been wandering to other opioids which I haven't thought of in a long time. So I've booked a doctors appointment for tomorrow. I guess my question is... is this that out of the ordinary? All I seem to find online is glowing positive reviews, but this feels like its just barely keeping my head above water. Oh and I was on 10mg a day before.

I think I'm going to ask the doctor to either go back to tablets, maybe do tablet+shot combination or maybe just get my second shot early. Is that an odd request?

I made a big dramatic exit from the pharmacy too, "thanks for everything guys I'll never see you again" Lmao

Look up tissue necrosis from sublocade. Switch back to tabs or strips you can trim and repurpose to help a friend kick a minor habit and your own taper when ready. Godspeed

So I talked to the doctor... I was hoping for something like 6mg a day ontop of the shot instead he told me to just deal with it and 'theres no pharmacological reason for your symptoms' gave me 3 8mg tab to last 3 weeks. It only took me two days after that and I relapsed onto to fent and dilaudid, as a side note, if sublocade was working, wouldn't the dillies NOT WORK? Well they do... so that in itself is a bit of confirmation in my mind.

Kind of upset though, I explained to the doc who is usually pretty understanding that it wasn't working and I was about to snap, and I did. Ugh. Now I'm gonna have to explain all this and find out how the heck I can get back on my previous dose. You'd think if it was a permanent choice, I would be informed of that? No... I cant be mad at anyone other than myself. Guess I just wasn't as ready as I thought I was.

So I talked to the doctor... I was hoping for something like 6mg a day ontop of the shot instead he told me to just deal with it and 'theres no pharmacological reason for your symptoms' gave me 3 8mg tab to last 3 weeks. It only took me two days after that and I relapsed onto to fent and dilaudid, as a side note, if sublocade was working, wouldn't the dillies NOT WORK? Well they do... so that in itself is a bit of confirmation in my mind.

Kind of upset though, I explained to the doc who is usually pretty understanding that it wasn't working and I was about to snap, and I did. Ugh. Now I'm gonna have to explain all this and find out how the heck I can get back on my previous dose. You'd think if it was a permanent choice, I would be informed of that? No... I cant be mad at anyone other than myself. Guess I just wasn't as ready as I thought I was.

Suboxone is easy to obtain, why not go to a different doctor, get a script of strips and then stick on the shot too?

Suboxone is easy to obtain, why not go to a different doctor, get a script of strips and then stick on the shot too?
I considered it... but I don't think its a good idea... first of all... they'd find out... but also, its a bit different here in canada. Family doctors can prescribe it but they usually don't, there's 'methadone' clinics for that. Theres two in my town, the one that is partially private, with a small monthly fee, that I go to... and the completely free one where all the bums go to right on skid row. No offense to the homeless and all that, but I just don't think going around that part of town on the regular is a good idea. Plus my current doc has always been pretty lenient up until this... I only have to pick up once a month and only have one virtual appointment every two months. He also knows I take xanax with my meds and doesn't care, let me repeat that, he doesn't care that I take benzos and opioids together. Other doctors lose their shit over that. Its a good deal compared to other arrangements, some people have to go into the pharmacy EVERY DAY... yes even for suboxone. I don't want to lose that rapport. But I will if I have to.

Last edited:
I considered it... but I don't think its a good idea... first of all... they'd find out... but also, its a bit different here in canada. Family doctors can prescribe it but they usually don't, there's 'methadone' clinics for that. Theres two in my town, the one that is partially private, with a small monthly fee, that I go to... and the completely free one where all the bums go to right on skid row. No offense to the homeless and all that, but I just don't think going around that part of town on the regular is a good idea. Plus my current doc has always been pretty lenient up until this... I only have to pick up once a month and only have one virtual appointment every two months. He also knows I take xanax with my meds and doesn't care, let me repeat that, he doesn't care that I take benzos and opioids together. Other doctors lose their shit over that. Its a good deal compared to other arrangements, some people have to go into the pharmacy EVERY DAY... yes even for suboxone. I don't want to lose that rapport. But I will if I have to.
Your doctor should be sued for malpractice. Oh but he can't. Socialized medicine

Your doctor should be sued for malpractice. Oh but he can't. Socialized medicine
... what? Why should he be sued for malpractice? he's been a good doctor for the most part. And what do you mean oh but he can't? Are you trying to imply malpractice suits don't exist in canada because of our single payer healthcare system? because you are just wrong on that.

You are missing dosing daily. By wanting to add daily bupe on top of your monthly bupe tells me that maybe you should go back to daily dosing. Read the last 2 lines you wrote. You have it made in the shade and are lucky you have a Dr. that accepts the opie/benzo combo. You say you don't want to lose that rapport so why are you considering losing it ? You are looking a gift horse in the mouth ( your Dr. ) and this going behind his back to secure more bupe strips/tabs may backfire. Then he won't trust you and then you will be in a world of shit. Just say you made a mistake thinking the monthly dose would be better and go back to daily dosing. You get to keep your bupe and your xannies. Win Win.

... what? Why should he be sued for malpractice? he's been a good doctor for the most part. And what do you mean oh but he can't? Are you trying to imply malpractice suits don't exist in canada because of our single payer healthcare system? because you are just wrong on that.
It's baffling and unfortunate how people who live without universal healthcare get twisted by propaganda to believe going bankrupt from an MRI and blood panel is somehow "freedom"

It's baffling and unfortunate how people who live without universal healthcare get twisted by propaganda to believe going bankrupt from an MRI and blood panel is somehow "freedom"
I've got medical bills backed up to a stupid extent, and I don't even have real "serious" medical issues. It's ridiculous. These people think we should get ass fucked by bills and then thank the insurance companies for the experience

You are missing dosing daily. By wanting to add daily bupe on top of your monthly bupe tells me that maybe you should go back to daily dosing. Read the last 2 lines you wrote. You have it made in the shade and are lucky you have a Dr. that accepts the opie/benzo combo. You say you don't want to lose that rapport so why are you considering losing it ? You are looking a gift horse in the mouth ( your Dr. ) and this going behind his back to secure more bupe strips/tabs may backfire. Then he won't trust you and then you will be in a world of shit. Just say you made a mistake thinking the monthly dose would be better and go back to daily dosing. You get to keep your bupe and your xannies. Win Win.

Yeah basically you are right. I considered it then decided against it for pretty much those reasons. However he already said I couldn't go back... but you know I think it might have been a miscommunication. I may have not pressed what a significant impact this is having on me. So I think I'm gonna send him an email with more detail including the slips and what not. He asked for a follow up email anyway.

I meant I will only 'have to' if my current doctor doesn't allow me to go back to dailies.

Is that so, then I stand corrected. Probably a stretch but at least prescribing additional buprenorphine as opposed to say, non-opioid medications that mitigate symptoms such as Clonidine

If anyone cares, I had another appointment. I explained the situation in more detail and got put back on tablets, and also had my dose increased from 10mg to 16mg a day... so thats pretty much the best possible outcome. Only negative is I'm back to weekly pickup, but thats hopefully temporary.

Last edited: