View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Subcutaneous injection of DPT ?

Allaround

Greenlighter
Is there any reason why one couldn't inject DPT subcutaneously, as opposed to intramuscularly? As I understand it, SC injections are a little easier and less risky than IM injections. (You can use a smaller needle, it doesn't have to go in as deep, and there's less risk of accidentally hitting a blood vessel.) Given that you are bypassing the oral metabolism of the chemical either way, shouldn't an SC injection be effective? How would the results be expected to differ versus an IM injection? I suppose the onset would be a little slower, but how about strength of effects and duration of effects?

Is it really true that SC has a greater risk of infection than IM injection? Why would this be the case, assuming that the material you inject is sterile?

I thought SC injections were considered a little safer than IM injections. For example, many people self-administer medications subcutaneously (e.g., insulin and fertility drugs), but I've never heard of a doctor telling someone to self-administer a medication intramuscularly.

I don't know anything about increased risk of infections (you'll want to look into that) but the experience of subcutaneous injection will probably fall right between IM and insufflated dosing in all respects (onset time, potentcy by weight, qualitative differences, etc.). DPT seems like a good candidate for this route because it is pretty short IM and because so much powder needs to be insufflated if you go that route. The fact that it's even shorter acting IM and burns when insufflated makes DMT an even better candidate for it though, which is something I've suggested might work well in the past but haven't yet done.

I would IM it.

i was IVing some cocaine over the weekend and it sure as hurts when it get under the skin.
I Bet DPT dont feel good either

but try it out maybe its better and let us know

illusion, you've never IVed DPT? I was toying with the idea of IVing this or 5-MeO-DMT sometime soon.

DPT probably will burn when administered IM or SC. Other tryptamines certainly do.

The injection site for IM DPT has stung just a little IME, and maybe felt 'hard' and sore for a day or two after.. No real pain is noticed at the time unless you try and push the plunger in too fast. I find the little stinging to be a far greater trade off than the ungodly annoyance of having that crap in your sinuses.

samadhi_smiles said:
illusion, you've never IVed DPT? I was toying with the idea of IVing this or 5-MeO-DMT sometime soon.
IV 5-meO-DMT is not recommended by myself. I have a trip report on it in the TR forum if you're interested...

As for SC DPT, there is no point in putting yourself in intense pain and possibly ruining your trip by seeing that bubble bloat and pustulate without knowing what is real and what isn't. I recommend not doing that.

illusion, you've never IVed DPT?
no i have IV DPT once at 19mg. I meant to say I wouldnt reccommend Subcutaneous injection of DPT.
While i was IVing cocaine i missed a couple times and well it hurts.

DPT probably will burn when administered IM or SC
DPT doesnt burn at at when IM. Smooth as Ketamine.
I did have some pink DPT about 2 years ago that would leave a bruise after IM the following day, but i believe it was from impurities.
I believe that because i have white DPT that have IM'd it and never left a brusie and none of my test subjects have bruises nor pain either.

As for SC DPT, there is no point in putting yourself in intense pain and possibly ruining your trip by seeing that bubble bloat and pustulate without knowing what is real and what isn't. I recommend not doing that.
ya shooting things into your skin leaves a bubble and painful. IV or IM is the way to go.

Like i said I have IV DPT once at 19mg.
I find IM is better route than IV for all psychedelics.
Leave IV for meth, coke, herion for the pleasure...but that leads to MUCH pain later.

I would agree with not IVing psychedelics. I've tried 2C-I via IV and 2C-E via SC and neither experience was anywhere near pleasurable. I've not tried IMing anything, so I can't comment on it.

IV is, however, the ideal route of administration for heroin... but I'm not sure what you mean about leading to much pain later. I've had only good experiences with it.

but I'm not sure what you mean about leading to much pain later. I've had only good experiences with it.
4 years of heavy IV herion use and I have expierenced MUCH bliss and pure carefree..effects of herion.
But withdrawls and addiction are far more worse than words can describe. I stay away from all opiates now

IVing this or 5-MeO-DMT
Yikes. Vaporized 5-MeO-DMT and DMT are really fucking intense--like a 5 minute (real time, about 1-2 hours of perceptual time) rocket ride to Mars. I assume IV would be even more intense. You would probably blast into orbit before being able to get the needle out. Ah...needles scare the shit out me; I've never administered anything IV, IM or SC and just couldn't do it unless my life absolutely depended on it.

as I said, my brother has IVed 5meo and would not recomend it, I just asked him as he qwas siting enxt to me. He said smoking it is justa s effective.

DPT I can see why, the oil sucks and the salt is wasteful/burns.

im dpt is the best way to go.I find it better than iv.Ivin dpt makes side effects for me increase badly