• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Subaxon time frame

Shaggie

Greenlighter
I did suboxan at 1030, an 8mg strip and it was my first one. I go to a doctor starting today that's how I got my script and started a program. I just happened to have found one or MAYBE two shots left in am old pair of Jeans and so I wanna use it for my one last time and please don't tell me how I shouldn't, I already know that but please how long should I wait before I do my last shot after I took my suboxan ? I took the strip at 1030am it's now 2:05pm

It’s not so much that we’re going to tell you that you shouldn’t, as much as it is we can’t really answer.

First, this forum isn’t for “how do I get high” questions. It’s harm reduction. If you were inquiring about safety, that’s one thing. But you’re asking for advice on getting high. Which we all understand and empathize with, that’s just not the reason this forum exists. I’m not preaching at you by any means. Just the lay of the land.

Secondly, we can’t give you any info that isn’t readily available on google. Even those results are subjective though, as everyone’s body chemistry is different.

Good luck bro. And sorry if I come across as a dick. That’s not my intention.

The active ingredient that is bioavailable in Suboxone when taken properly (absorbed under the tongue) is buprenorphine. It is a very long-acting synthetic opioid with its main effects lasting for possibly as long as 24 hours. So you would want to wait at least 24 hours before taking any other opiate or opioid.

Do keep in mind that Suboxone use will rapidly begin to saturate your opioid receptors, making other opioids lose their effectiveness. This is an intended part of opioid replacement therapy (ORT). I am actually not sure how long this effect takes to build. I know methadone saturates in about 3 or 4 days at the fastest but I am not sure if it is really well known how long buprenorphine takes. A lot of people think it is the Naloxone that blocks other opioids from working in the user but those actually (mostly) slide down the throat and are destroyed by the stomach when taken properly under the tongue and mostly exist to prevent injection or other abusive use. There are a large number opioid addicts out there who switch back and forth from opiates to Suboxone as their supply wanes so it must not happen extremely quickly.

But you will definitely want to wait at least 24 hours (36 would be better) so as to not mix in a relatively new-to-you painkiller with your existing pre-Suboxone doses. This is how people die.