• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sub not working. I did Subutex and heroin at same time. Felt okay.

bluerobot

Bluelighter
I had been in withdrawal for around 20 hours or so. I took Subutex at about 6:30pm and then shot up heroin ten minutes later and then shot up an hour later and then another time 2 hours later. I did not feel pwd. The first time I shot up I felt immediate relief but did not feel normal at all. A bit jittery. Slight rls but definitely a big improvement. The other two times I shot up I felt basically no more relief which is def not normal. I guess my question is: is the reason I didn't feel anything from the last two shots because the Subutex blocked it? And does that mean that the Subutex is in my system now and therefore I can take more without waiting 24 or more hours after I did that last shot? and I don't have to worry about pwd? I ask because I haven't been very successful in switching to sub. It's like it's either not working or I get pwd. I think it's because my habit is bigger this time but I hear people getting immediate relief in like 30 min with bigger habits. Anyways I really want to make the switch and it's not working. So does anyone think I can take more sub without going into pwd even tho I used heroin at basically the same time as the sub? Or should I wait another 24 hours and try again...?

Decided to hell with it and took 1 mg Subutex. Waited 45 minutes and felt a warm rushy feeling. Not exactly a rush but a warm sensation in the pit of my stomach for a second. However I do not feel much better but then again I didn't feel that sick to begin with. Maybe the warm sensation was nothing but I decided to take a little more to test it out further. If I go into pwd I have enough for one good shot of H but let's hope it doesn't come to that. Wish me luck. I don't believe in God but if you want to pray for me I'll take all the help I can get. Thanks. Bluerobot.

Maybe my body is fighting it and it will just take time for the sub to fully take effect or maybe it's just not working. You would think I would go into pwd tho. Idk. I'll try to hold off as long as possible. I am feeling quite a bit more nervous as I write this actually but who knows. I'll definitely know if pwd kicks in but I'm pretty sure I'll know if it really starts working too. When I used to take sub I remember definitely feeling it kick in and knowing for sure that it was working. In fact I remember almost jumping with joy and being so happy almost euphoric but at the same time I felt weird for about a week. Mostly because I wasn't used to actually having feelings and emotions and there was some anxiety as well. But nothing intolerable. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Bluerobot.

Sorry nobody has gotten back w you. I too was hoping to hear something been dealing with the same thing.

I'm also sorry that it's taken a little bit. For this I apologize. About helping you with your situation, although you seem to have already resolved is that I'm definitely unclear on the sequence of events here and the time frame of that sequence. You need to be more clear as to what is going on as well. I have a general idea, but I also have 3 personal interpretations of what I've just read in my mind, one of which is you actually thinking that Buprenorphine works in a transverse method to how it actually works. Please, so we can give you a good answer, so long as the next guy a good answer be a little more clear and concise about what's up. We're happy to help.

So basically what happened was I shot up for my last time. Waited about 20 hours and took Subutex. I waited 10 minutes and caved and shot up and felt better. I still didn't feel 100% so I did another shot an hour later but didn't feel any better from it. Waited 2 hours. Did another shot. Didn't feel any better. I think what happened was that after the first shot the Subutex started binding and so the second and third shot didn't have much of an effect. The next day I basically did the same thing. And by the third day I had enough sub in my system that it finally worked. I don't feel great but I definitely don't have wd anymore. I'm mostly just freezing cold all the time and kinda sweaty. I think my body and mind still need time to adjust to the sub but I'm glad it's working now. It's mostly just in my head now.
About 5 days before all of this tho, I waited over 24 hours and took sub and went into pwd and caved right away called my dealer and did like 5 shots. The next day I waited 24 hours again and still wasn't working. No pwd but I still caved. Did the same thing the next day. And the sub just kept not working. I was going crazy cause I thought it would never work and I had like no cash left for H.

My advise if subs not working is to build up enough sub in your system until it works. And if you have to do your doc then that's fine but only do enough to get you well and keep taking those subs until it works.