• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Sub drowsiness.

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
Okay so I took what I thought was 1/4th of a strip. And cannot get out of this drowsiness. Maybe my Norco addiction wasn’t that bad even tho my step dad picked up his norco today and I have no desire to even ask him for any. So does this drowsiness go away over time. I am of taken 2.5 mg of Suboxone which from what I read isn’t a lot. Even the doc said I prolly wasn’t going to need very much and I have no desire to take anymore of the film.

I will just wait until tomorrow. Hopefully it’s a thing to where you just need to get it into your system before you can reap the benefits of it. I will tell you it is really good at curving the cravings. But I don’t want to be a zombie. Last day I had a Norco was on Sunday.

Suboxone blocks opioid receptors in the brain from the drug binding to them. It has to work its way into your system to be fully effected. How much norco were you taking? Milligram? Doses? How many times a day? You might be wasting your time with it. Suboxone is nasty as fuck, addicts reap the benefit of the cravings and shitty feeling going away, but the strips will make you feel like that. Im not sure for how long.

Ive wded off of heroin and pain pills before. Ive opted out of the suboxone because once that is gone, you crave again. Its best just to try and stop without or wean on the norcos.

^ what 56nights suggests all day long, I would rather go through a Norco wd than a wd from subs. With Buprenorphine, even a “small” dose as people would call 2.5 mg is very heavy, check this out, Buprenorphine is prescribed for pain management patients, Google Buprenex and look what dose is indicated... 0.3 mg! Buprenorphine is powerful at the microgram level, obviously it does not have such the pleasing effects as full agonist opioids do but a very powerful agent nonetheless, having been on and off bupe myself for many years I would try dosing at .5 mgs or hell even .25 mg and see how you feel, with bupe less is more and it seems like the majority of suboxone doctors either A aren’t privy to this or B, Won’t tell you that because hey, they certainly are buggering us up the ass without a kiss from all the money they are getting out of us on such unnecessarily high doses of the shit.

On the other hand bro if your Norco habit was so detrimental to you that it really is a life and death situation like you’re gonna lose employment, property, relationship/marriage, if you don’t and cannot stop, then I totally get it. Buprenorphine has saved my life more than once.

I took . 25 this morning and feel just fine. Had really good sleep tho last night. Yes I was going to lose my home and go into the harder stuff.

Im sorry you had to go through this. If you read the threads ive been posting im 3 days post op acl surgery and because of all my drug use through the last year, percocet 10s arent doing anything. I have to rail them to even get minor relief. Oh well. Isnt worse than benzos man. I was taking 30 2mg pills a day when i checked into rehab. Worst withdrawl in the entire world

56, you were taking 30 bars of Xanax, klonopin? a day?? How did the detox manage you through it, just Phenobarbital?

Subs not only take away my opiate cravings. But also my gabapentin too. I see how well I’m doing on these and want to fight the good fight. I’ve been wanting to wean off of gabapentin comfortably for five years. The same bs just make it a lot easier and also make my cravings for norcos almost disappear.