• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sub/Bupe potentiators??

Pat84

Bluelighter
Is there any way to potentiate bupe?? So I am on bupe maintenance and I have not kept a steady, normal schedule these last couple weeks. As a result, I wasn’t taking my doses at the same times like before (two 8 mg strips per day; one in morning, one early evening, and a half just before bed). I ended up increasing my dose, probably from taking my doses too soon, and I ended up getting some rather uncomfortable WD. W/o going into too much detail, I have gastroparesis from past stomach surgeries, so, when WD affects me, it affects my gut a lot and the pain is usually too much to bear.

Well, I am not due to see my doctor until tomorrow, and I have already been struggling to spread my doses out, but it’s not going very well. I only have one half left and there’s no way I am going to be able to push it without hurting.

I don’t know if trazadone would help. I tried to find some information on it and a couple people said that would not really do much. Any ideas?? Is there anything that could potentiate it?

My exp with bupe 5yrs.
Only jumping to nothing led to withdrawals, and I easily tapered or lowered from 16 to 4 in a week or two, ecen on 4mgs I did sometimes the same as you because I thought it will give me something....what I don't know anymore

So space that high dose into smaller ones till yoh get nex app

Dxm, pregabalin, gabapentin, diphenhidramine ( Benadryl,) dimenhidrinate, ( Dramamine)

Benzos as clonidine and there are some meds like Spasmex for the gut.

Try to lower dose it could be the diminishing effects rather than withdrawal you are feeling which can be similar when having problems and pains in general.

I see. Yeah, I’ve been on a pretty high dose for the last five years, so I definitely feel some pain or at least some discomfort if I don’t take one, or if I suddenly lower my dosage. I have already tried spacing them out and I can definitely feel it. I tried to take a trazadone with it last night, with a half piece of my suboxone strip. And when I woke up this morning I literally felt like I had been hit by a truck. Of course, maybe that was the trazadone?? I don’t really know.

Yeah, trazodone is a tough medication. I felt bad and had chest aches when taking it, but that could have been due to the interaction with other medications.

Do you use any other pain relievers? Buprenorphine, as I previously stated, was causing unpleasant nociceptive disturbances, according to my doctor, at high doses.

If you have pain, you can ask for tramadol, as only tram and tapentadol lack some serotonin activity, but it works on buprenorphine, which many do not.

Hmmm…I only have a little half gram of that and it’s over two years old. Lol. Wouldn’t know if smoking that would even make much of a difference.

What about kratom? Would that help at all?

I don’t have tramadol and I’m mainly just trying to get through until tomorrow when I can finally see my doctor. The same doctor that I go to every week for my bupe script.

Do you know if Kratom would work??