• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Study says MPH is neurotoxic, too!

10 mg per kg is enormous im 220 pounds or 100 kilos so thats like a gram a day youd die before gou notice long term damage to your brain .

But they also say that therapeutic doses may also be damaging. :(

According to them injecting 5 mg per kg in a rat is representive of a typical theraputic dose ? Atless rats have some bizzare metabolism ivdont see how thats remotely close. And, they only had a small but statistically significant effect at 10 mg per kg. If you are using it in theraputic doses i dont think because injecting the intenstinal track with 10 mg kg of methylphenidate has a higher probability then chance of causing a slight increase in oxidative stress of the basal ganglia which may cause parkinsons despite the cause of parkinsons being unknown is cause for concern just further research. I could publish a paper on how water causes brain oxidation when injected at high amounts

Plus, when you look at there chart they knly show statistical significance in the highest dose group and only in the 1 mg per kg when they add mptp a actual toxin. I think a key sentence that describes their motives is "methylphenidate causes elevations of dopamine which is problematic." All they did was crank the doses to crazy amounts until they found something.