Study: Most AAS Users Fail to Recover Natural Test Levels

Long-term 3 year studies showed it to be just as effective without new side effects. I never did AAS so it works for me better than for those recovering from AAS as PCT.

That is why I stick with Clomid and don't bother with AAS. My Total and Free T levels are above the healthy range and Anastrozole keeps my E2 in check. Sure, Clomid will not raise my T to same levels as AAS, but for those who want to be within healthy range, Clomid is an excellent alternative to RRTß.

Bodybuilders use supraphysiological levels of multiple AAS as opposed to TRT levels of purely testosterone, and the challenging recovery undoubtedly relates to that and the oxidative damage caused by such unnaturally large doses.

If using purely TRT doses or ones not too far from that level, it's unlikely recovery would difficult since the oxidative load would be no greater than normal.

What's a good level for TRT cruising? I heard Total T of 1200ng/dL is the level to stay at, but most physicians will not be comfortable with those levels, although mine is as long as it's Clomid + Anastrozole.

Is it also true that the degree of performance / gains difference between Total T 600 and 1200 is not that great, even though 1200 is 2x 600.

What are good AAS levels for bodybuilding? 2500? 10000?

The reason I am asking is because I am fooling with idea to do a single AAS cycle when I stop cutting and start bulking. Effects from a single cycle while bulking can last 10 years and some are almost permanent.

Would I be able to fully recover after one 3 month cycle every 5-10 years?

Effects from a single cycle can also disappear in months, which is one reason so many people just "plan to do one", then carry on for years addictively. If you're not really into bodybuilding, I strongly advise you not to start.

So yeah I will be spending at least 2 hours in the gym daily for the rest of my life with occasional breaks. I always have to self-improvement to feel like I am doing something with my life.

Effects from a single cycle can also disappear in months, which is one reason so many people just "plan to do one", then carry on for years addictively. If you're not really into bodybuilding, I strongly advise you not to start.

Exactly.

Never in a million years would I have imagined myself on TRT in my 20s. But I had that mindset of "i'll just do one and try and hold onto everything" lol. Stay away from it if you can, unless your hormone levels are already shit to begin with, which in that case I highly suggest TRT after all other options are exhausted.

Ergo-log have now had a look at this study themselves, which you can find >>here<<. As usual, it's been helpfully simplified for those of you not keen on reading the whole thing. To reiterate, they've also drawn essentially the same conclusion as myself: that standard PCTs - and the use of compounds such as hCG - are probably a waste of time and money and don't work.

Your best bet at a decent recovery will probably require you to: avoid highly suppressive compounds (such as nandrolone); use low doses - much lower than typically prescribed on most other bodybuilding forums; maintain oestrogen levels within near physiological norms (to lessen oxidative damage); and/or use a moderate dose of an antioxidant like NAC, curcumin, ALA, or an antioxidant booster such as taurine to mop up excess free-radicals during your cycle.